Author Topic: Can't load simulation!!!  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't load simulation!!!
« on: October 19, 2005, 05:56:07 AM »
I managed to run a simulation smoothly for 11 hours! Then I saved it, quit the program to do something else, restarted and when I try to load the simulation nothing happens! It all worked so well for so long! Graaah!  :angry:
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't load simulation!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 10:25:12 AM »
That has to suck!

Sorry and all that but the save/load routines in some versions are kinda screwed up. It is incredibly difficult to make them work properly when stuff is constantly being added to the program. backward compatibility becomes a major issue.

Once 2.4 is fully functional this issue will be resolved once and for all. (I hope)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't load simulation!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 12:41:19 PM »
2.4 save/load routines should be 100% functional.  Fixed them for the .0 release.

Prior versions -- not so much.

Hopefully the C++ version will have something that will auto-add information or something neat like that, so save/load routiones won't keep breaking.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't load simulation!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 12:43:22 PM »
Ok. Well, at least the version 2.36.7 seems to work best right now. It sometimes freezes up, I think if it's run in fast mode and/or there are too many veggies. Setting the veggies at 100 and running in normal speed seems to work best. Maybe it's better if you concentrate to fix the latest version instead and I'll just play around with this version while I wait for the next bug fixes in 2.4.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't load simulation!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 12:54:56 PM »
The only thing I am not 100% sure on for 2.4.1 is mutations.  Some of them may be a little funny.

Everything else, should run cleanly and without freezing/producing an error.

I think.