Author Topic: DB Units  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
DB Units
« on: October 15, 2005, 06:53:48 AM »
here im gonna show you a unit chart it uses 6 or 8 start units. I´ll start with just 4 of them for now, lenght, time, mass, and charge (in reality they use current as base, but for easyness for DB I use charge as base)
Cycle - Time unit
Twip - Distance
Mass - Mass
Charles - Charge

Distance / Time -> Velocity (Twip / cycle)
Velocity / Time -> Acceleration (Twips / cycle²)
Acceleration * Mass -> Force (Darwin or Mass Twip / Cycle ²)
Force * Distance -> Energy (Bang or Mass Twip² / Cycle ²)
Energy / Time -> Effect (Mass Twip² / Cycle ³)
Energy / Charge -> Electric potential difference (Mass Twip² / charles Cycle ²)
Charge / Time -> Electric Current (Charles / Cycle)

Right now I dont have the will to fill this comple, but it shall be done soon
whit this we can tell that a darwin of force shall accelerate a bot with 1 mass to 1 twip/cycle. Nums, with the enzymes ur gonna add tmp sensitivity or what? if so we need to define temperature aswell later
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 07:07:16 AM by Zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
DB Units
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 12:28:21 PM »
Maybe temperature way down the line, it isn't a huge concern at the moment.

I msotly name units as I need to program them.

List looks about right, good job.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
DB Units
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 12:53:11 PM »
thx, it aint really done yet. But nums, is the force right? if a bot weight 500 mass and is exposed to a force of 500 darwins is it accelerated into 1 twip/cycle?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
DB Units
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 01:01:12 PM »
Yes, that's how it works.  Note that usualyl you use impulse for change in velocity, which is Force * time.

So in the program, you do:

Force * time (always 1 cycle) = mass * (change in velocity).

basically the same thing.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
DB Units
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 01:25:16 PM »
yepp