Author Topic: Sentence Split  (Read 37693 times)

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2005, 07:38:47 AM »
Set the 'autoredraw' property for the picturebox to false.
:D Ulciscor :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2005, 07:57:16 AM »
it is false, but didnt you mean true? cause when I set it to true it vanished and another thing, in the condition I see things as condition(X as integer) what does that mean?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 08:02:31 AM by Zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2005, 08:11:48 AM »
What condition?

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2005, 09:59:11 AM »
any condition. like in db
Code: [Select]
Form_MouseDown(button As Integer, Shift As Integer, x As Single, y As Single)and so on, btw that thing with the tool bar, ignore it. ive figured it out.
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2005, 10:13:15 AM »
Those are the arguements passed to the function when it is triggered, if that's a good definition.

From your example, when a mouse button is pressed, the values in parenthesis are passed to the function for you to use. I.e. 'button' is the value corresponding to which button has been pressed, left or right. I'm not totally sure what 'shift' is, but 'x' and 'y' are the coordinates of the point the cursor was at when the button was pressed.

The 'As Integer' part means that the arguements are being passed to the function  as integer-type variables.

Someone please correct me if any of this is wrong!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 10:14:23 AM by Ulciscor »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2005, 11:02:25 AM »
so the things with in the () is values passed from one function to another? thx

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2005, 11:03:53 AM »
Maybe parameters is a better word than arguements, but yes.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2005, 12:55:35 PM »
You got it exactly Ulc. Nice explanation.  :)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2005, 01:20:50 PM »
yepp, its very very sweet but how does the program calculate how many cycles it goes each second?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 01:24:58 PM by Zelos »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2005, 03:17:07 PM »
Every time a full cycle is implemented, it increments a counter somewhere.

There's a timer control in MdiForm that activates 1 every second.  Upon evry activation, this timer checks to see how many cycles have happened since it last looked.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2005, 03:28:12 PM »
so you just let the program run cycles where it do all stuff, stuck it up and then it shows how many it were in a sec?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2005, 03:31:58 PM »
Right.  You'll have to hunt down the ActiveX control that runs the time, I don't remember what it's called.  Looks like a clock I think.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2005, 03:45:10 PM »
I know how to use a timer

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2005, 04:03:39 PM »
Oh good.  I think I looked at it once or twice, but it doesn't come up too often, so I'm a little fuzzy on how all it works.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2005, 12:05:51 PM »
on what file is the thing in db so you can add species and search on the drive?