Author Topic: Sentence Split  (Read 37825 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2005, 02:17:28 PM »
AHA, I knew it. but still im supriced. I guessed you could use lines to paint bots like my graphes. and you suspected it would be like that, but still im surpriced.
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2005, 02:33:32 PM »
The graphics you see during a simulation are all VB functions.  Draw circle, etc.

Really, really basic.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2005, 02:34:25 PM »
yeah, but as a noob in programing im still kinda surpriced
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2005, 02:37:15 PM »
That's part of why I'm porting it.  OpenGL allows some raelly neat visual effects.  Like for bioluminescence, you could actually show the bot glowing!  How cool would that be.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2005, 02:38:44 PM »
that would be cool, porting? what does porting mean?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2005, 02:41:06 PM »
Porting means rewriting a program from one platform for another.

I'm rewriting the engine to use C++, since about half of the clock cycles currently are spent by Visual Basic doing things in C++ that would take a tenth of the time.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2005, 02:42:02 PM »
nice, very very nice, is there any big differenses between c++ and vb? I mean programming like

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2005, 02:43:09 PM »
C++ has alot of things VB doesn't, but VB doesn't really have anything that C++ doesn't.

So I recommend learning VB first, and then making the switch to C++.  80% of C++ will make sense to you if you know VB already.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2005, 03:10:55 PM »
hmm, sounds like a good idea, and I can trust you?
btw nums a question, where do I find the file that loads a txt file and read it?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2005, 04:44:24 PM »
It's in HD_Routines or HDRoutines, I forget what I named it.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2005, 02:37:28 AM »
ok, how does the program calculate how many cycles that can go on each second? and if I have a toolbar with buttons, how do I add picture to them?
and if I sett a variable to public, can other files read it?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 03:39:55 AM by Zelos »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2005, 05:18:18 AM »
im experimitating now, but nums I have a problem. Take a look at this sinus program ive made. it shows a sinus curv when you press the buttom to the left. But why does it flimmer (is it called that in english?)? and how do I fix that?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 05:18:57 AM by Zelos »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2005, 05:22:38 AM »
It might help if you see the coding.

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2005, 07:22:16 AM »
You need to zip all the project files together, not just give the main project file.
:D Ulciscor :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2005, 07:35:14 AM »
nemas problemas