Author Topic: Sentence Split  (Read 37817 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 02:30:31 PM »
Like in DB you have many different menus, some popup infront of the old menu when you press a command button, like advance cost. But instant of apphering infront of it I want it to replace it like when you swich from general to mutation in DB menus
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 03:04:41 PM »
You're still going to use different forms for that.  I think it's soemthnig like this:

otherform.show(vbModal)

Or soemthing like that.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »
if you mean I have to make a new form that were what I were waiting for., with vbmodal you mean the name of the form right?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 09:39:45 AM »
Use the tab strip item like we have in DB's options form.

Then you can just switch between tabs all you like.

Another way is to make items on your form invisible then just make them appear when you want them.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 09:48:48 AM »
intersting ideas, ive figured out how the graph worx now, when I feel better im gonna show you something neat, but a question, if I use the line command to create a line, how do I make so I can remove it later?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 10:58:01 AM by Zelos »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 08:42:32 AM »
plz can Py, Nums or someone else tell me how to remove the lines, When I know that I can finish my thing and show you guys.

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 08:47:56 AM »
I don't think you can treat the line as an object that can be deleted. You can clear a whole picture box though.
:D Ulciscor :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 09:17:25 AM »
If you drew a line and want to remove it, you have a couple of options open to you.

First, you can redraw the same line in background color.
The problem with this is that it will leave gaps where your line crossed other objects.

A better idea is to have a routine that draws everything you need then call it from your program after clearing the entire window with the CLS command.
Just set your parameters to draw whichever lines you want, clear the whole thing then redraw it from your perameters.
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2005, 09:18:48 AM »
strlen(yourstring)

strlen("hello")  would be 5.
does strlen work with VB?

I always use len

len("hello") would be 5
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005, 09:22:19 AM »
I don't think you can treat the line as an object that can be deleted. You can clear a whole picture box though.
Actually you can make a line that is treated as an object. You can make it at design time, set its properties and stuff then modify it at run time. That way you can set its properties later (eg. line1.visible=FALSE)

Trouble is that I'm not sure how to draw a poly-line this way. Straight lines aren't much use on a graph  :D
and those who don't

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 09:42:29 AM »
OK I should have said run-time lines can't be treated as objects :D

Maybe you could use an index array of line objects to make poly-lines?

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 10:06:39 AM »
probably better to use a one dimensional array to store all the points on a line then Pset them in a subroutine. That way we can delete them just as easy by Psetting them to background again.

You could get really clever and set the graphics mode so that they don't block overwrite. Maybe XOR them on. That way you can just XOR them right back off again and leave everything else unchanged.

Another way would be to set up an invisible graphics window or virtual space, draw everything there then Bitblt the whole thing to the foreground when it's ready. But that is a bit complex for relative beginners.  :D
and those who don't

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 10:50:48 AM »
I like the idea of clearing the whole box, how do I do that?

Offline Ulciscor

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 11:14:01 AM »
picture1.cls

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Sentence Split
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 11:14:49 AM »
Assuming you are using a picturebox (named PictureBox1) to display the output graph. just use this command line

Picturebox1.CLS

That will clear all content in Picturebox1.
and those who don't