Author Topic: Gravity and black holes :)  (Read 4285 times)

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Gravity and black holes :)
« on: October 09, 2005, 09:50:39 AM »
I really like the new gravity between bots(planet eater) feature ,its funny and could even give multibot an advantage to attract and catch prey.
There are probaly quite some effects unto swarms, on the one side swarms formations will tend to implode on the other side bots can drag other bots with them
for swarm movement.

However I am worried to many black holes  will be created, objects without a chance of escape(although in some way thats funny :))
Well the black holes might eventually die when the predators succeed in eating  all algae, but thats only possible if the are not hindered to much while eating.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 10:56:12 AM »
That would be a funny effect ^_^
But black is wrong word, we can see it, cant we? then it aint black ;)
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 02:14:42 PM »
Yeah, I call them "veg singularities".  They're easy to form by using a large coefficient for G.  They form a sort of frothing mixture if bots, and from which no escape is possible :P

There are some issues with the physics model and strong forces.  It has to do with the simple Euler Integration used.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 02:44:26 PM »
NO, lets call them vegholes, or simply VH
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 03:07:13 PM »
Terminology is unimportant.  But they exist, and you have to decide if you like that or not.

It's interesting to note that these singularities themselves don't move.  I'm not entirely sure why, but two singularities next to each other will never combine.

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »
^^say you have no probs with tiefeeding?
I wanted to make a black hole killer bot and neither tiefeeding nor sharefeeding
worked.
although ties where there(checked that)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 03:09:11 PM by Welwordion »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 03:11:51 PM »
I forgot to check on wether or not ties sharefeed anymore or not.

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 05:28:32 PM »
Bad num  ;), bye the way I realized I have to embarassed cause I am so easily posting stupid mistakeI often discover myself at second look ^^.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 05:31:02 PM »
Bot debugging is always interesting.  Often times its just some small thing that throws you for a loop.

I'm thinking maybe we need a bot IDE.  Something that would "spellcheck" your code for proper grammer, etc.  Let you write things in terms of parenthesis and normal math order( like 30 / 50 * 1000 instead of 30 5 div 1000 mult).

That would make alot of bugs easier to manage.