Author Topic: Bugs in NEW 2.4!  (Read 22990 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2005, 01:47:56 PM »
It's not vegs get nrg proportional to their nrg.  It's vegs get nrg proportional to their body.  And body is the only thing that's effecting radius of a bot at the moment...

Uh, are you running it with high mutation rates?  Cause that could be a good reason why it's not working.

I can't even find were the size of the robot gets related to the skin,

It probably doesn't, which is why skins aren't scaling to bots.  

I am pritty sure it's the problem with a memory leak because it is very rear.

I doubt it's a memory leak problem, and what deoes "very rear" mean?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 01:48:23 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2005, 01:51:46 PM »
rear = not often

I don't care how its related , its just not realistic and a pain in the @$$ , run my curvy code when you have a chance. You will note that the values do not biggin at zero, thats the way I want it.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2005, 02:03:59 PM »
Yeah it's realistic!  Plants gain nrg based on their surface area.  In DB surface area is related to body.

And if you don't like it, you can just go back to the nrg/veg/cycle.  That's an option too.

Lets say you have a robot with 32000 energy , and another one with 10 energy. The one with 10 energy ends up being a cell to another cell. We just did celluler strinking ^ 2. Zooming on that is just too impractical even if the zoom was to infinity (btw zoom is kinda week right now due to the limit witch needs to be adjusted too).

A real cell has tissues it has to sustain independent of its energy. A real cell can build up in pressure as well. So I prepose instead we use somthing like size = N + ScurveEquation were N is the tissue every cell has and ScurveEquation instead of liner is a pressure effect.

And here's why the above makes no sense to me:

"cell to anotehr cell"?  What do you mean?  Do you mean that the cell reproduces?  Becomes part of a multibot?

"cellular strinking ^ 2"?  What is strinking?  Why are we squaring it?

"zooming in..." are we talking about the apparent size of the vegs or the nrg they're getting?  Because the two aren't related, and I thought we were talking about the latter.

"A real cell has tissues..." first statement you've said yet that I understand and agree with.  Which is why the 2.4 I'm releaseing later today will have a "cost per body" you can set.

"A real cell can build up pressure..."  No, they can't.  Well, not really.  They do have a kind of osmotic pressure they have to contend with, but this is quite different from "pressure" in the normal sense of the word.  In the normal sense of the word, we think of compression...  Anyway, let's assume you mean osmotic pressure.

"size = N + ScurveEquation were N is the tissue every cell has and ScurveEquation instead of liner is a pressure effect."

1.  I don't think you understand why bots have the radius they do.  A bots radius works like this:

4/3 * pi * radius ^ 3 = volume of stuff contained in cell.

The volume of a single body point is defined to be 905 cubic twips.  This was chosen because this way bots with 1000 body are the same size they were before.

2.  "size" is ambigous!  Do you mean: volume, radius, or diameter?  Or maybe surface area?

3.  "ScurveEquation instead of liner is a pressure effect." - instead of liner?  What liner?  What is a liner?  Do you mean linear?

4.  I don't understand what the code you quoted me is supposed to demonstrate.  In fact, at this point, I'm not even sure what we're talking about anymore.  I thought at first you were having issue with the nrg per body thing, then I thought maybe you were talking about the apparent size of a bot when you zoom in.  Now I have no idea.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2005, 07:14:30 PM »
blablabla I just wait until other get sick of it, or not.

At any rate I hate it.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2005, 07:27:43 PM »
Hate what damnit!  I don't even know what you're talking about anymore!  (I said that at the end of my post.  You're not even reading my posts anymore, are you????  ARE YOU??  No wonder we can't seem to communicate!)

Do you hate: (check all that apply)

1. That vegs can get energy based on their body points instead of just constant values for existing?

If so I'd like to point out that the first option, "nrg per veg per cycle" is IDENTICAL to how it worked in 2.37.4.

2.  That all bots have a radius that's directly proportional to their body?

3.  Something else?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2005, 07:28:23 PM »
Warning really really bad english, do not read:

I love the invisable dots floating arround on the map and taking up memory. The imanse pleasure a user gets when trying to deselect a robot and clicking on one of thouse dots by accesdent, its so mutch exsitment.

A cell is ONLY composed of energy, it is not composed of membrain, nucleos, and the other little stuff. All that makes up a cell is energy.

The mambrain is not stratchy - no - its nanothecknology, it expends directly proportinaly to how mutch stuff is inside the cell. Its the best matirial in town. A feder falls on it and it stratches with the feder.

Even an air ballon, the more air it has the harder it is to blow in it.

There is NO parant child relationship going on in smexe. Instead It really works like this:

Create Random Slab of code ----> Run the code.
Change Random Slab of code ----> Run the code.

The code can distroy stuff, but no nothing prevents the same slab from mutating further.

I call it the slab of death program. Yea I would be scared to run Numgils virson of smexe too.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2005, 07:38:19 PM »
You almost got it actually!  The bots' membranes are infinitely stretchy.

A cell is ONLY composed of energy, it is not composed of membrain, nucleos, and the other little stuff. All that makes up a cell is energy.

Replace energy with body, and that'd be 100% correct.  Or that's how the program is at the moment.  I'm later going to add mass and volume for nrg, poison, shell, etc.

The mambrain is not stratchy - no - its nanothecknology, it expends directly proportinaly to how mutch stuff is inside the cell. Its the best matirial in town. A feder falls on it and it stratches with the feder.

exactly.  Bots are "ideal" creatures in many ways.  It keeps alot of the math simple.

So what you're really at issue with is being able to select a bot?  Pause the simulation, zoom in, and you can select it quite easy.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2005, 10:45:40 PM »
I think you're right about the ties not snapping.

The giant MB blob plant I made would pass one edge, part would appear correctly at the other edge but also a group would remain connected at the bottom with ties across the whole screen. The two groups would spring back together again only to continue the same cycle. I'm guessing the larger group passing over the edge was about 50 bots, so the "large MB" splitting code was working correctly, the ties just weren't snapping.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2005, 10:48:48 PM »
Yeah, I forgot to fix that...

Eventually I want ties to cost something to form, and then have their maximum length be a function of their radius, which is a function of the total volume of stuff put in to construct them.

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2005, 06:03:04 AM »
hmm I just noticed that when amoving bot reproduces both seem to have the same inertia, which leads to a building up of overall movement energy increasing flying around objects.

Oh it also seems I forgot "end" in the bot text that was weak against doing nothing
maybe that was one of the reasons

hmm are you guys able to see the gene activations? Cause  its not working in 2.4 for me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 09:56:26 AM by Welwordion »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2005, 11:23:19 AM »
bots, dont you mean rare and not rear?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2005, 02:22:04 PM »
hmm I just noticed that when amoving bot reproduces both seem to have the same inertia, which leads to a building up of overall movement energy increasing flying around objects.

Oh it also seems I forgot "end" in the bot text that was weak against doing nothing
maybe that was one of the reasons

hmm are you guys able to see the gene activations? Cause  its not working in 2.4 for me.
Well, they both have the same velocity.  The total momentum of the one and then the two is constant.

Remember, when a bot reproduces the baby bots have less mass.  Momentum = velocity * mass.

Gene activations are broken.  I'm going to revamp Bot Debugging big time, so it seems sort of silly to add thm back in...

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2005, 07:47:24 PM »
rare, yes.

I hate my life , I think the bots found  another loop hole in my evolution methods , its been 3 bloody weeks, now this happens?

I am still ns , so hang on , nothing to post yet. Kinda Ironic is the fact that the robots in this problem behave like geeks.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2005, 09:38:10 PM »
has first bot even evolved any abilities at all?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bugs in NEW 2.4!
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2005, 09:49:34 PM »
Well, I am not sure because at one point it jumped from 70 max population to 80 max population and I got exsited. I however did not see any notecable differences. It makes quicker moves when it hits things thats about all for now.