Author Topic: 2.4 Woo  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 Woo
« on: October 01, 2005, 11:45:57 PM »
I didn't get as much accomplished as I'd hoped, but it's up.  It's basically a patch, install it over where your current DB install is.  It's done this way to infuriate you, and install the new driver.

Alot of sysvars are broken.  This is a result of me changing alot of code.  Virus code and angle/length modifying tie sysvars are among the current sysvars not working.  Bouyancy is in there too.

On the other side, alot of new commands are available.  Including some bitwise functions.  Check out the source.  It's in the module called DNAParse I believe.  I'll post a more comprehensive list later.

I'm tired, and I want to go to bed.  There are undoubtedly some bugs.  This is a major upheval of about 60% of the code.  Alot of things had to be reworked to allow for new features or future features.  Be understanding but brutal in your examination of what is working and what isn't.

And definatley check out the new tie phyiscs.  This bot is a gem:

Code: [Select]
start
.tie inc

That's all you need in the current version BTW!  Woo, DNA is supa clean.  Anyway, throw like 50 of those in with 30 vegs.  Let them tie to each other, forming a mass.  Drag one bot around with the mouse.  Ooh and Aahh at how smooth it is.  Compare against 2.37.4.

2.4 is on the FTP.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.4 Woo
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 02:59:40 PM »
A list of new commands are on the wiki.  Under Robot DNA -> 2.4 operators.

I'll start filling them in when I have the chance.  Gotta love new commands.