Author Topic: coexistence  (Read 8932 times)

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: coexistence
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2022, 05:20:36 PM »
i started a new simulation yesterday to test out if shapes could increase diversity, i left drifting shapes on but at the slowest setting because i like things to be more dynamic, but all the shapes just seem to get stuck outside of the map? anyways it seems to work well enough though i haven't seen any dramatic differences, probably need to make the map bigger

Code: [Select]
Female DNA len  61 and male DNA len  61 had offspring DNA len  61 during cycle  520005

:o what is this? it showed up once in the mutation details, but hasn't showed up again ever since. did the bots have an extraordinary accident that allowed them to sexually reproduce, but just that once? because right now no one is sexually reproducing

oh man they figured out how to make chloroplasts... dont worry though i think i figured out how to keep them under control, raise the cost of chloroplasts from 0.2 to 0.5 though now they're almost extinct XD

ok so i have 1 picture of the whole simulation, 2 pictures of some bots tying though they always seem to die, one of them is just tying to every passing bot it can and the other seems to be stuck spinning with another one, and the last picture is an almost cancer bot that has really low energy need for reproduction (1500) feeding and encircling some plants... unfortunately they all died as soon as the food ran out. in the general population, some of them are moving in a corkscrew like pattern, while most are thrashing about randomly

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2022, 02:07:36 PM »
oh my god... the sim got overrun by bots evolving into plants, despite the increased chloroplast cost

i think i'll just rewind from a previous save

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2022, 11:33:06 PM »
i got some interesting news, the sim is now doing well, they're really good at hunting even small moving corpses. i think it's a side effect of the very high chloroplast cost, which means a lot of plants die trying to achieve 32000 chloroplasts, leaving a ton of corpses behind, and i suspect corpses are a big food source for them, which is why they became better at eating them. oh yeah also the waste threshold is really low, it's at 1000 so no fat bois who can't reproduce keep getting fatter and fatter, but also means when one plant dies it's likely the waste will spread to other plants, making them die, and then the waste keeps spreading to other plants as well, killing a lot of plants and leaving them as corpses. the bots seem to be very distrustful and try to stay away from each other. i'm not sure why this happened, maybe the bots figured that if it saw a fellow bot, there's no food there, so they go the other way and spread out more. maybe it's a reaction to cannibalism, like there was this one bot that seemed to have its attractions reversed - generally the bots are attracted to food (plants) and corpses and repelled by other bots, but this bot was attracted to other bots and repelled by plants and corpses, so it acted a bit like a predator! i gave it a bunch of energy so it could reproduce but it instantly ate its child. even though the bot managed to chase down most of the bots it came across and eat them, the energy balance of this bot still trended down because of its ridiculous refusal to eat plants and corpses. but suddenly i realized this bot could be useful for prodding the other bots to develop cool defense mechanisms through natural selection, without the possibility of it taking over (because it can't eat plants and corpses, and really likes eating its own children) so i saved it and named it cannibot! and now i can pop down a whole army of terminators to terrorize the bots whenever i want XD

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2022, 12:58:30 AM »
what the hell no way the bots are ganging up on my terminator cannibots, like if i put one down next to a bunch of bots, they won't run away to get picked off one by one, they'll freaking gangbang the cannibot to death, but it's so weird because they seem to be able to tell who's native to the simulation, they don't attack fellow native bots but rather do the thing where they try to stay away from each other, but the moment i put down a cannibot everyone tries to kill it. have the bots become too smart??? the context of the picture is, i put a cannibot down inside a triangle of 3 bots, it went after the smallest bot which was quickly killed, but then these 2 remaining completely unrelated bots (well they probably have a common ancestor but their colors were pretty different) gang up on the cannibot and kill it, and then they go their separate ways!

anyways here is the code of the current best bot, i caught him feasting on some plants and popping out some babies, so i already know he won't be a horribly mutated mess, and at one point he had 50 descendants out of a population of 200, making up an amazing 1/4 of the entire population!!! so i know it's gonna be good
*.eye5 .out10 store
 negstore
 .out7 store
 pow 13475 2 xor
 start
 25696 5 .up store
 *.tielen1 *.refage swapbool
 13771 * stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  22  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 ~=
 *.tiepres
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  25  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 *.tiepres >
 *.refeye *.myeye !=
 start
 -6 .shoot store
 sin ceilstore
 20551 *.refveldx .dx store
 !=
 .out7 store
 pow *.readtie floor ceil !%=
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  50  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 573 dist multstore

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  54  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 .eye9dir store
 475 sgn *.availability *.dnalen *.refdx substore
 314 rnd *.thisgene 205 .tielen3 store
 sub .aimright store
 102 sin
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  73  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 sqr
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  75  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  76  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 div *.refvelup !%=
 swapbool
 *274 21 *.nrg 23486 >
 *.tieang *.vel .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  89  '''''''''''''''''''''''
on closer inspection i was really surprised that it kept this line: "*.refeye *.myeye !=" which is the line that i think stops them from devolving into endless cannibalism. but how does it tell apart native bots, some of which have deviated really far by the way, from the cannibot? another point of interest is that it uses its velocity to determine how big of a baby it should make? very interesting method of variance given the range is 0-60 (max velocity is 60)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2022, 01:48:09 AM »
yeah those are some interesting mutations.  Keep at it, see if you can get it to do more interesting things.

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2022, 09:15:22 PM »
good news they learned how to make shell!!! :D here is dna:

.out4 store
 ~ .aimleft store
 803 501 *.eye5 * 215
 start
 *.in1 5 .up store
 521 and
 *.tin10
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  18  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  19  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 floor *.eye5 *.trefvelyourdn >
 *.refeye *.myeye !=
 *.myshoot -6 .shoot store
 .maxvel ceilstore
 *660 *.refveldx .dx store
 !=
 *.myties *.refmulti ~ .aimleft store
 *.reftie start
 dec
 - *.dnalen *.refdx substore
 314 rnd *.thisgene *.trefvelmysx .mkshell store
 sub .aimright substore
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  59  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  60  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 xor
 *.refveldx *.thisgene *.trefvelmysx 911 store
 sub .aimright ceilstore
 -173 clear else
 over store
 *.nrg 23486 >
 inc
 12835 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  81  '''''''''''''''''''''''

i think it's only making shell when it's tied to something, like when reproducing or when just having been birthed, that's quite ingenious because reproducing happens regularly (at least for those who are successful) it makes a decent amount of shell without making so much that it weighs the bot down so much that they can't move

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2022, 06:55:07 PM »
woah the simulation is 10 million cycles old now and weird things are happening, first it seems there was a big split in evolution that went 2 ways, there's the browns and the blues, also there were some bots that were tying to everything, unfortunately it seems they died soon after i observed them. also they lost the ability to make shell which is tragic but oh well. cannibalism seems to be more widespread too, though i think the majority of bots are still peaceful towards each other. i didn't see any compelling evidence that the blues and the browns were collectively hostile towards each other, i think cannibalism is more of a personal problem so if a bot is cannibalistic it will attack basically everyone no matter what

here's the best bot dna:
7019 *.eye7 *.eye1 *.eye6 8802 >
 and
 *.trefdn dec
 453 .aimright store
 6213 .ploc store
 *.eye9 *.tin2 869 multstore
 overbool

cond
 floor false
 negstore
 *399 *.eye2 *.reffixed >=
 *.refvelsx 16335 *.eye1 addstore
 *.eye6 *.eye1 *.shell 11 *.reftie 8802 *.eye5 mult >=
 *.trefdn stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  43  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 *.in10 *.reftie *.slime 12946 *.trefshoot *.eye8 30838
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  51  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 532 *.tin1 angle 542 *.refaim *.refsx mult >=
 *.trefshoot multstore
 5 .up store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  64  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  65  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  66  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  67  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *167 *.eye5 *.trefaimdx *.mydx *.refeye >
 !~=
 834 *.shell start
 -6 .shoot addstore
 .eye5width store
 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 *.eye1 *.eye6 ^ *.eye8 *.trefshoot -208 *.trefvelmydx *.eye1 *.eye6 over false
 808 14 *.dx
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  100  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  101  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  101  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  102  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 dupbool
 25507 - 28839 rndstore
 dec
 922 *.refdx substore
 overbool
 *.eye3 200 or
 388 rnd *.thisgene *893 10453 5 sub floorstore
 substore
 809 *.kills or
 >=
 store
 521 503 21701 *.eye1 *500 rnd 7437 false
 store
 *.trefaimdx absstore
 *472 508 >> divstore
 *.eye8 *499 *.readtie -6 16525 *.tieang4 *.venom *.trefvelscalar *.tin4 *.refeye *.eye3 logx 10674 addstore
 *762 *628 over 16335 *.eye1 addstore
 *.eye6 *.eye1 *.shell 11 *.trefvelyourdn 8525 .fdbody store
 *.eye6 *.eye6 30838 *.refdx *.mydn *.refnrg *379 203 true
 388 466 19401 *778 20 *.eye4 *.tieang2 *.eye7 *.eye6 *.eye6 30838 *.eye8 *.ypos -208 *.mysx 8701 *.tielen angle *.dx 11 ^ *.eye8 *.refbody *.eye6 ^ *.eyef false
 *.refshell *.hitup store
 *.dnalen 26572 divstore
 881 -91 >
 4 *.refaimdx *.nrg 19483 >
 ^ *.eye5 *.tin2 *.trefvelscalar *.eye1 over 7437 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  231  '''''''''''''''''''''''
yeah its a beautiful mess isnt it lol

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2022, 11:18:10 PM »
hmmmm, ok so after like 3 simulations ruined by freaking plants taking over the simulation, i got suspicious that it always kept happening so i looked for any plant bots that might have existed. when i found the little bastard hiding by spazzing out in between some shapes that were close to his color i killed that mfer as soon as i found em, good thing for save backups. now the simulation is running smoothly after i turned down light energy from 50 to 20, and no more plant takeovers have happened.

now to the present, all the bots are very homogenous color, cyan, it seems between the blues and the browns the blues won out in the end! in the blue-brown era the bots were paranoid and tried to stay away from each other as much as possible, but now it seems the bots don't really care as much anymore, and just ignore each other i did see some isolated cannibals taking advantage of this but i think their new behavior of yeeting themselves once in a while in a new direction more often than not throws off the cannibals, and helps them find food too!

here is a sample of 3 of the best performing bots, it constantly changes over time so it's also a nice way of getting a sample of multiple good bots. a slight note, as i was writing this it seems a small green strain has popped up, in fact the 3rd DNA sample is from a green bot, which made it to be the best bot! so we will see if the greens take over or not

14417 floorstore
 store

start
 substore
 overbool
 ++ *.trefup inc
 5 .up store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  12  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  13  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.eye5
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  14  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  15  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 .eye4width store
 multstore
 *841 floorstore
 .strbody store
 12012 absstore
 *.trefaimdx *.eye5 *158 *.mydx *.refeye >
 !~=
 .setboy substore
 start
 -6 .shoot ceilstore
 *.shang 484 *.up *.refveldx .dx addstore
 absstore
 16350 *601 *515 5532 false
 962 *.trefaimsx
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  51  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  52  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 sub *.ypos 525 and
 add 476 2 18837 *.refypos *.refdx root *916 dupbool
 sgn
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  66  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  67  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.mypoison 808 angle .out7 store
 *.trefup *.eye1 474 *.tin8 divstore
 534 *.shdx rnd swapbool
 sqrstore
 *.thisgene floorstore
 23 *.veldn multstore
 6443 *.hitdx 813 474 <
 *.vel inc
 *.trefnrg *.tin10 *.hitsx store
 store
 438 794 store
 *.in6 1 *.ypos 1821 false
 floorstore
 substore
 ++ 371 store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  113  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  114  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 958 *.numties *.memval 413 swapbool
 416 8303 *.memloc floorstore
 *.timer *.nrg *.refdx ^ 18107 >
 7437 *.refdn ^ .repro store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  134  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Begins at position  135  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.trefvelyourdn *.refpoison .mkvenom store
 store
 338 *.eye7 store
 .out8 ceilstore
 *.myvenom 6 518 .eye1dir store
 store
 substore
 5476 *.eye6 *496 547''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Ends at position  156  '''''''''''''''''''''''

*14417 floorstore
 store

start
 substore
 overbool
 *.tin1 *.trefup inc
 5 .up store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  12  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  13  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.eye5
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  14  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  15  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 floorstore
 *841 multstore
 floorstore
 23 12012 absstore
 *.trefaimdx *.eye5 *158 *.mydx *.refeye >
 !~=
 .setboy store
 start
 -6 .shoot ceilstore
 *.shang .tielen1 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 absstore
 16350 *607 *515 5532 false
 962 *.trefaimsx
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  49  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  50  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 338 *.ypos 525 *.myaimdx add 1 *.ypos 1821 false
 floorstore
 substore
 ++ 371 .eye8width store
 338 476 2 9420 negstore
 *.refdx root *916 dupbool
 sgn
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  75  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  76  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.mypoison dup *-161 *274 481 *.trefup *.eye1 474 *.tin8 divstore
 534 *.shdx rnd swapbool
 addstore
 *.thisgene floorstore
 23 *.veldn multstore
 .tieang3 store
 813 474 <
 *.vel inc
 *.trefnrg *.tin10 *.hitsx store
 store
 *.trefxpos 794 store
 *.in6 958 *.numties *.memval *.tout9 159 360 .strbody store
 .tout4 rndstore
 416 *.treffixed *.memval store
 *.timer *.shell *.refdx *.nrg 18107 >
 7437 *.myshoot ^ .repro store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  137  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  138  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.trefvelyourdn 5 .mkvenom store
 store
 338 *.eye7 store
 .out8 ceilstore
 *.myvenom 6 518 .eye1dir store
 store
 substore
 *496 *.eye6 5476 547''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  159  '''''''''''''''''''''''

14417 .mkpoison store

start
 substore
 overbool
 ++ .tout3 store
 6203 28460 absstore
 root 216 *.trefup inc
 5 .up store
 18340 *.eye5
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  21  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  22  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 9 *841 multstore
 159 .readtie store
 .mrepro store
 absstore
 *158 *.eye5 *.trefaimdx *.mydx *.refeye >
 !~=
 .setboy store
 start
 -6 .shoot ceilstore
 *25196 567 angle *.refveldx .dx addstore
 absstore
 16350 *607 *515 21708 false
 962 *.trefaimsx
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  58  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  59  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.tmemval 29701 .out8 ceilstore
 *.refshell *590 >=
 & *-467 swapbool
 *.dx false
 962 *.trefaimsx
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  73  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.tmemval *.ypos 525 and
 add *.in5 431 *240 6415 !=
 addstore

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  85  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  86  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.myshoot negstore
 *.vtimer .out9 store
 *274 substore
 534 *.shdx rnd swapbool
 addstore
 *.thisgene floorstore
 23 *.veldn multstore
 *.hitdn *.hitdx 813 *.refvelsx <
 *.vel inc
 *.trefnrg *305 *.tin9 469 *.in8 *.trefxpos .out1 store
 *.in6 store
 *.ypos 1821 false
 .tielen1 store
 ++ 514 store
 10921 *.memval *.refdx *.shell store
 832 *.memval *.nrg 18107 >
 7437 *.refdn floor .repro store
 *.in1 .out8 ceilstore
 *.myvenom addstore
 *7196 store
 *840 *.refveldn *.eye6 *496 *.tin6 663 *158 *.refmulti xor
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  159  '''''''''''''''''''''''

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2022, 09:28:51 PM »
another update, it seems to be going well though the stable population is trending down, it used to be in the 200s and now it's in the 150s. The bots look a lot fatter, like they're hoarding all the energy for themselves. Cancer explosions also seem much more common now, like they happen every minute, has the reproduction dna become more fragile? I'm pretty sure cannibalism has become mainstream, like 10% of bots are cannibals is my estimate. I no longer have to try really hard to look for them, i just zoom in on a bunch of bots and more often than not there's a cannibal there eating someone's butt. They never really take over though as they always, always eat their own children and waste sooooooo much energy chasing bots around while their shots are hitting nothing, and i have energy cost of shots turned up from 2 to 5, too. :wacko: At least they can sustain their population by eating plants, where the offspring has the chance to escape while their parents are busy eating. And also i assume there are constant additions to the ranks of cannibals from mutated bots messing up the part that tells them not to eat each other

3 best bots:

.eye8dir store
 addstore
 *344 floorstore
 *.eye7
 start
 *.refshoot 5 .up store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  11  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  12  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 531 *.tieang4 *850
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  15  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  16  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 13449 *.eye4 negstore
 *162 *.trefvelyourup *.in1 *.eye5 *.availability *.mydx *.refeye >
 !~=
 *.in2 *.in9 start
 -6 .shoot ceilstore
 5 .tout1 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 *344 floorstore
 17930 2464 23925 substore
 sqrstore
 1807 false
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  50  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 *.trefvelyoursx 29301 store
 *.tmemval *.pleas rndstore
 527 *.poison dist floor stop
 drop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  63  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 19824 12314 *29566
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  66  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  67  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 2523 *.refsx *.tin8 *.reffixed *.ypos *.veldn multstore
 *771 *.nrg 586 *.shdx rnd swapbool
 addstore
 *.thisgene floorstore
 30007 >
 7437 *.trefxpos ^ .repro store
 259 store
 .backshot store
 and
 *.eye1 store
 4 6 518 418 *.eye1 *.in1''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  103  '''''''''''''''''''''''

.sharewaste multstore
 *.eye7
 start
 *.refsx 5 .up store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  8  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  9  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 531 *.tieang4 *.mass
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  12  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  13  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 13933 *.eye4 !=
 *162 *.trefvelyourup *.in1 *.eye5 *.availability *.eye7 *.refeye >
 !~=
 .strbody store
 start
 -6 .shoot ceilstore
 inc
 .tielen1 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 *.thisgene floorstore
 .tielen3 store
 28412 substore
 sqrstore
 6153 false
 *.kills *.trefvelyoursx 29301 store
 .aimright store
 dist floor stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  58  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 drop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  60  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 19824 12314 *29566
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  63  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  64  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 2523 585 *.tin8 *.reffixed swapbool
 12699 3423 floorstore
 *.ypos *.veldn multstore
 addstore
 *.thisgene floorstore
 31948 >
 *.eye3 store
 .backshot store
 -- 6 and
 30340 6 518 418 *.eye1 *.myshoot''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  104  '''''''''''''''''''''''

.slime multstore
 *.eye7
 start
 *.refsx 5 .up store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  8  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  9  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 531 *.tieang4 *.mass
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  12  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  13  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 13933 *.eye4 !=
 *162 *.trefvelyourup *.in1 *.eye5 *.availability *.mydx *.refeye >
 !~=
 .strbody store
 start
 -6 .shoot ceilstore
 inc
 .tielen1 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 *.thisgene floorstore
 .tielen3 store
 28412 substore
 sqrstore
 *.refvenom false
 *.kills *.trefvelyoursx 29301 store
 527 drop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  55  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  56  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 19824 12314 *29566
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  59  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  60  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 2523 585 *.tin8 *.reffixed swapbool
 *.mydn 3423 floorstore
 *.ypos *.veldn multstore
 addstore
 *.thisgene floorstore
 31948 >
 *.eye3 store
 .backshot store
 -- 6 or
 *.refpoison 6 518 418 *.eye1 *.myshoot''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  100  '''''''''''''''''''''''

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2022, 12:48:33 PM »
these guys are NOT having a good time... XD

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2022, 11:52:15 PM »
it seems to be going well though the stable population is trending down, it used to be in the 200s and now it's in the 150s.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing; the most efficient strain isn't necessarily the most competitive strain.

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2022, 09:45:45 PM »

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing; the most efficient strain isn't necessarily the most competitive strain.
initially I was a bit concerned that the trend would continue downwards, and that a lower population would mean higher chance of sudden mass extinction as well as lower diversity. However now it seems to have leveled out at 160-180, thanks to some very cool evolved behaviors; when two bots meet, they now shoot while running away backwards. I like this, it's the "live and let live" behavior, where the bot won't pursue you, but if you try, they'll make you pay for it. I had simulated about 10 million cycles while placing pixels on r/place to defend the German flag, and a lot could have happened up to now. I assume at some point there was a huge spike in cannibalism, and cannibal bots took over the population. Eventually one of them, instead of moving forwards when detecting another bot, mutated to move backwards instead, but kept shooting when doing so. Then the behavior took off, exponentially growing as when 2 bots with this behavior meet, they minimize energy losses by moving away from each other, whereas a real cannibal will make both of them lose tons of energy by commencing a chase. However, it's still better than 2 cannibals meeting each other, since they will basically engage in a fight to the death, and in the end the winner loses a lot of body points anyways. It's like the prisoner's dilemma, but the cooperation won out in the end. There is also another bot strain that was the majority a few posts ago, the pacifists that simply run away without shooting. I think they would win out in the end against the backshooters because they don't waste energy shooting whenever they see a bot. However, the pacifist behavior is completely non existent in the current simulation, so I predict that the cannibals killed them all before the backshooters emerged, then the backshooters took over. Running long simulations is so cool, it's like an evolutionary fish tank :D

Anyways, time for the 3 best bots of the post!!!
I had a really hard time finding a best bot other than this one, this one bot is a beast, he had 28 descendants out of a population of 162 so i think it's safe to say his bloodline is secure :)
-91 *.tin7 ~=
 negstore
 *.refeye .eye8dir store
 *.rdboy store
 store
 7525 *.memval mult mult root and
 store
 *.eye2 527 .mkpoison store
 226 *.reftie store
 627 546 *.tin4 *.treffixed store
 *.shell *.paralyzed or
 store
 836 .out10 store
 &
 start
 *.treffixed 5 .up store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  42  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  43  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.myshoot *359 5 start
 -6 .shoot store
 816 *.paralyzed *.refdn 15425 16427 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 *.tin4 *.tieang store
 *911 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  71  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  72  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.memval | -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  76  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  77  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.maxvel *.refaimsx
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  79  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  80  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refpoison *.tielen2 1540 24709 *.veldn multstore
 divstore
 *.nrg 516 30200 31505 ceilstore
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13337 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  100  '''''''''''''''''''''''

-91 *.tin7 ~=
 negstore
 *.refeye store
 7525 6217 mult *.tin5 root and
 .eye8dir store
 *.rdboy store
 store
 226 *.ypos store
 627 546 *.tin4 *.treffixed store
 *.shell *.paralyzed or
 store
 836 .out10 store
 &
 start
 *.treffixed 5 .up store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  42  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  43  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.tin3 *359 5 start
 -6 .shoot store
 816 .eye4dir store
 15425 16427 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 *.tin4 *.tieang store
 *911 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  71  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  72  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.memval | -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  76  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  77  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.maxvel *.refaimsx
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  79  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  80  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refpoison *.tielen2 1540 24709 *.veldn multstore
 divstore
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13337 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  100  '''''''''''''''''''''''

-91 *.tin7 ~=
 negstore
 *.refeye .eye8dir store
 *.rdboy store
 store
 7525 *.memval mult mult root and
 store
 226 *.reftie store
 627 546 *.tin4 *.refkills store
 *.shell *.paralyzed or
 store
 836 .out10 store
 &
 start
 *.treffixed 5 .up store

cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 *.myshoot *359 5 start
 -6 .shoot store
 816 *.paralyzed *.refdn 15425 16427 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 *.tin4 *.tieang store
 *911 >

start
 *.memval | -32 pyth
 else
 *.maxvel *.refaimsx
 start
 *.refpoison *.tielen2 1540 24709 *239 multstore
 divstore
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13337 store
 .repro store

These other 2 bots were nowhere near as cool, with only 9 and 10 descendants each. The first bot literally has way more descendants than both of them COMBINED!!! :Headbang:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 09:47:42 PM by hdggDalton »

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2022, 01:46:52 AM »
oh my god, holy sweet jeeeesus... what happened here??? why are there blue dots everywhere??? why do they all have blue rings around them??? the worst part is, it's not even the bots, it's the freaking plant species that i put in for food, they somehow mutated and killed everyone... i saved this simulation just for funsies but it runs at half of a cycle every second so i don't think i'mma actually keep running it. oh my god their dna is so long wtf

start
 16427 *.refveldx 16427 *.refveldx 4 overbool
 *.refkills 15425 16427 *.ypos .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 832 -32 pyth dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 *.thisgene .mkvirus store
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 *.rdboy *.myties 832 -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  46  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  47  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 16427 *-526 *.refveldx overbool
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow 516 >
 *.tieang 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  87  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  88  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 16427 *.refveldx overbool
 *.refkills 15425 16427 *.ypos rnd .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 - 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *381 *.rdboy *.myties 832 -29 sqr
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  129  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  130  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 -637 16427 *.refveldx overbool
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 17531 31505 dec
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 *.rdboy *.myties -32 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  166  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  167  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 15425 4 *.refveldx 16427 addstore
 >> .vshoot floorstore
 *.refeye pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 .out1 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  198  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Begins at position  199  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refkills 15425 16427 *.ypos ceil .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 >> *.myties 832 -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  6 Ends at position  239  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Begins at position  240  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refkills 15425 16427 *.ypos -124 addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye *.tieang .out2 dec
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  7 Ends at position  266  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  8 Begins at position  267  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 *.tin3 *-499 *.myties 832 -32 pyth sqr
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  8 Ends at position  303  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  9 Begins at position  304  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 16427 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  9 Ends at position  325  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  10 Begins at position  326  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 divstore
 overbool
 >> 338 11 dup store
 *.refeye store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  10 Ends at position  341  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  11 Begins at position  342  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *273 & store
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 *.rdboy *.myties -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  11 Ends at position  357  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  12 Begins at position  358  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 834 *.refeye *.myties 15425 16427 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup clearbool
 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 ceilstore
 *.in5 store
 .repro store
 *911 store
 *572 *.nrg 6000 >
 *.in4 *.nrg 6000 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  12 Ends at position  398  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  13 Begins at position  399  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 15425 16427 *.refveldx 4 .shareshell store
 .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 *.poison 832 -32 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  13 Ends at position  426  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  14 Begins at position  427  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *918 9524 *.tin7 *.rdboy *.myties 832 -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  14 Ends at position  461  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  15 Begins at position  462  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 <
 *.availability 516 30200 31505 .mkchlr store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  15 Ends at position  470  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  16 Begins at position  471  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup clearbool
 11 pow *.tieang >
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 store
 *604 *.setboy 6000 >
 *.in4 *.nrg 6000 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  16 Ends at position  511  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  17 Begins at position  512  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 834 *.refeye *.myties 15425 16427 *.refveldx store
 *911 store
 .dx addstore
 >> 338 9524 *.myties *.rdboy store
 *.refeye *.in7 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 store
 *572 *.nrg 6000 >
 *.in4 *.nrg 6000 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  17 Ends at position  557  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  18 Begins at position  558  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refkills 15425 16427 *.ypos 4 *.thisgene .mkvirus store
 addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup *.tieang pow 11 >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  18 Ends at position  600  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  19 Begins at position  601  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 15425 16427 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 store
 9524 *.tin7 pyth store
 15425 16427 *.myvenom .dx addstore
 ~ 333 store
 *.refeye *.thisgene ceilstore
 store
 floorstore
 30007 >
 dup 11 pow *.tieang 516 30200 31505 ceilstore
 .out1 store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  19 Ends at position  658  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  20 Begins at position  659  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 834 *.refeye *.myties 15425 16427 *.refveldx 4 .out2 store
 .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup clearbool
 11 30200 516 >
 *.tieang pow 31505 ceilstore
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 6000 >
 *.in4 *.nrg 6000 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  20 Ends at position  696  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  21 Begins at position  697  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 *.tout2 6000 >
 inc
 *.refkills 16427 *.ypos .dx addstore
 >> dist store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang .out2 store
 31505 dec
 .repro store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  21 Ends at position  735  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  22 Begins at position  736  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 15425 16427 *.refveldx pow 11 dup *.trefypos !=
 516 30200 31505 *.thisgene .mkvirus store
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 *.tin3 *.myties 832 -32 pyth sqr
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  22 Ends at position  763  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  23 Begins at position  764  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot floorstore
 *.refeye pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 .out1 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  23 Ends at position  795  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  24 Begins at position  796  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refkills 15425 16427 *129 .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 4709 30200 31505 dec
 *.thisgene 335 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  24 Ends at position  834  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  25 Begins at position  835  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refveldx overbool
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 *.rdboy *.myties -32 root
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  25 Ends at position  872  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  26 Begins at position  873  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.chlr *.availability start
 837 *.refeye *.myties 15425 16427 *.refveldx .aim addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 31505 30200 516 ceilstore
 .out1 store
 300 .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 store
 *911 store
 6000 sub *.in4 *.in4 468 6000 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  26 Ends at position  921  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  27 Begins at position  922  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  27 Ends at position  961  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  28 Begins at position  962  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *918 9524 *.tin7 *.rdboy *.myties 832 -32 pyth *.refveldx overbool
 *.refkills
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  28 Ends at position  1002  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  29 Begins at position  1003  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 50 .repro store
 15 .aimright store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  29 Ends at position  1010  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  30 Begins at position  1011  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 - 516 30200 31505 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  30 Ends at position  1054  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  31 Begins at position  1055  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 - 31505 dec
 *.thisgene 335 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  31 Ends at position  1094  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  32 Begins at position  1095  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 -637 16427 15425 16427 *.ypos .dx addstore
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
 *.tin7 9524 *911 *.rdboy *.myties -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  32 Ends at position  1128  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  33 Begins at position  1129  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 xor
 30200 31505 dec
 *.thisgene .mkvirus rndstore
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  33 Ends at position  1169  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  34 Begins at position  1170  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refpoison 15425 16427 .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye *982 store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 *.eyef *.thisgene .mkvirus store
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  34 Ends at position  1205  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  35 Begins at position  1206  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup clearbool
 11 30200 516 >
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 6000 >
 *.in4 *.nrg 6000 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  35 Ends at position  1243  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  36 Begins at position  1244  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 15425 16427 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 store
 9524 *.tin7 pyth store
 15425 16427 *.myvenom .dx addstore
 ~ 333 store
 *.refeye *.thisgene ceilstore
 store
 floorstore
 30007 >
 dup 11 pow *.tieang 516 30200 31505 ceilstore
 .out1 store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  36 Ends at position  1301  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  37 Begins at position  1302  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.chlr *.availability start
 837 *.refeye *.myties 15425 16427 *.refveldx & 17 addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye pow *.tieang >
 store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 31505 30200 516 ceilstore
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 store
 6000 sub *.in4 >
 *.in4 468 6000 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  37 Ends at position  1348  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  38 Begins at position  1349  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 16427 *.tin10 overbool
 *.refkills .dx addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  38 Ends at position  1385  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  39 Begins at position  1386  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  39 Ends at position  1423  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  40 Begins at position  1424  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 160 *.treffixed store
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 *.trefvelyoursx .mkvirus store
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 store
 *572 *.nrg 6000 >
 *.in4 *.nrg 6000 >
 16427 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 >> *.trefvelyourup store
 *.trefsx store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 9524 *.tin7 *.tin3 *.myties 832 -32 pyth sqr
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  40 Ends at position  1500  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  41 Begins at position  1501  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  41 Ends at position  1540  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  42 Begins at position  1541  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 -637 16427 16427 *.ypos 4 *.refveldx overbool
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 *.refkills 15425 16427 pow *.tieang >
 516 17531 31505 dec
 .repro store
 addstore
 >> 340 *.out6 9524 *.tin7 *.rdboy *.myties -32 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  42 Ends at position  1586  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  43 Begins at position  1587  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 -637 16427 *.refveldx *.nrg 6000 >
 overbool
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
 *.tin7 9524 *911 *.rdboy *.myties -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  43 Ends at position  1629  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  44 Begins at position  1630  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refkills 15425 16427 .tienum store
 addstore
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 pow *.tieang >
 516 30200 31505 dec
 800 true
 store
 .repro store
 *911 *.tin7 -32 pyth
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  44 Ends at position  1666  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  45 Begins at position  1667  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup clearbool
 11 30200 516 >
 .out1 store
 .repro store
 *911 6000 >
 *.in4 *.nrg 6000 >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  45 Ends at position  1704  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  46 Begins at position  1705  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 >> .vshoot store
 *.refeye store
 dup 11 15425 16427 pow *.tieang >
 516 17531 31505 dec
 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  46 Ends at position  1743  '''''''''''''''''''''''

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2022, 03:21:17 AM »
I think those are viruses.  Which is interesting in its own way, but yeah maybe not what you were going for.

Offline hdggDalton

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2022, 01:35:22 PM »
edit: i need some help, the graphs are broken, it says i have the population and average mutations graph running but when i click on them nothing happens, i can't even see them, do you know how to fix this? the other graphs are fine btw

yea i restarted from a previous save and introduced a really steep cost for dna copying since i think that's the cost to make a virus, hopefully they won't completely take over again. At one point there was a bot species that became plants but since they didn't grow super fast i kept them to see what happened. Unfortunately they died out over time both due to inefficient method of making chloroplasts (i think they could only make chloroplasts if they saw natural algae) and some of the bots evolving to eat them. In the end the bots that evolved to eat them died also because it meant they would cannibalize their children, since the bot plants were considered the "same" species. After that there was a struggle between a species of velvet colored bots and some green chalk colored bots. The green chalk boys won out and took over the map, and I think this is because of their mutated ability to make some body whenever they saw something like another bot or plant. This adds up and gives them an advantage in feeding and fighting against the velvet bots. All of these are green chalk bots, though they might have some differences due to mutations and such:

This one's got the heart of the champion with 29 descendants out of a population of 190
rndstore
 rnd store
 *.tieang angle 1 *.myvenom *.veldx sgnstore
 .out2 store
 31198 .reffixed divstore
 *.eye2 floorstore
 *488 <=
 .vshoot store
 store
 =
 *1172 383 ++ 528 *582 *.shdn ceilstore
 stop
 divstore
 ^ 532 - ^ - ++
 start
 *.refxpos 3 .up addstore

cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 ~ .tout8 inc
 start
 -6 .shoot store
 818 331 .out4 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 *.refeye store
 *.myaimdx *.trefvelmysx .strbody inc
 1 450 *.in3 7814 divstore
 ^ >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  73  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.memval
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  75  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  76  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 swapbool
 true
 addstore
 *488 <=
 | pow substore
 ^
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  85  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  86  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refdn floorstore
 %=
 not
 *-735 pyth addstore
 24709 *.veldn multstore
 4701 *.nrg 516 30200 32000 ceilstore
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13337 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  109  '''''''''''''''''''''''

This one has 18 descendants out of a population of 170, not bad at all
rndstore
 rnd store
 .out2 store
 31198 .reffixed divstore
 *.eye2 floorstore
 *488 <=
 .vshoot store
 store
 =
 stop
 divstore
 ^ true
 not
 cos & ~ 566 ^ 532 - ^ - ++
 start
 *.refxpos 3 .up addstore

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  49  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  50  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 ~ .tout8 inc
 start
 -6 .shoot store
 818 331 .out4 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 *.refeye store
 ^ >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  80  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  81  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.memval
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  82  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  83  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 swapbool
 true
 addstore
 *488 <=
 | pow substore
 ^
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  92  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  93  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refdn floorstore
 %=
 not
 *-735 pyth addstore
 24709 *.veldn multstore
 4701 *.nrg 516 30200 32000 ceilstore
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13337 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  116  '''''''''''''''''''''''

And this one has 11 descendants out of a population of 170, still pretty good
rndstore
 rnd store
 .out2 store
 31198 .reffixed divstore
 *.eye2 floorstore
 *488 <=
 .vshoot store
 store
 =
 stop
 divstore
 ^ 532 - ^ - ++
 start
 *.refxpos 3 .up addstore

cond
 *.eye5 *.refeye >
 ~ .tout8 inc
 start
 -6 .shoot store
 818 331 .out4 store
 *.refveldx .dx addstore
 *.refeye store
 ^ >

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  73  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  74  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.memval
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  75  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  76  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 else
 swapbool
 true
 addstore
 *488 <=
 338 | pow substore
 ^
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  86  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  87  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.refdn floorstore
 %=
 not
 *-735 pyth addstore
 24709 *.veldn multstore
 *.trefage *.nrg 516 30200 32000 ceilstore
 *.thisgene substore
 30007 >
 13337 .repro store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  110  '''''''''''''''''''''''