Author Topic: hi and O_o uff  (Read 8200 times)

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hi and O_o uff
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 06:11:04 PM »
Well I looked in some manuals, but it resembles kind of a treasure search its hard to find what you want to know, even finding the manuals is hard ^^.
And the searchfunction of the forum does not work for me, it never finds anything.

hm about the intern help file its named Dna help so I did not exspect it to be there sorry, miscalculation of my side.

Hmm about body ,this probably means there is alimit to energy storage otherwise body would be of no use,well I will look where I can find the number.

Ahh well I am easy to confuse sorry :/

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
hi and O_o uff
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 06:29:07 PM »
There is a limit, but the main use of body is that it is required for bot survival. Higher levels of body also contribute to shot strengh, allowing bigger bots an easier time of feeding.

I think I kind of forget about how complex DB has become over time. I think we've all just got used to the complexity without eyes to how a new user would see it. I'll see about cleaning up the wiki today. I'm working funky hours right now(sub broke..again), so I have a bit extra time.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
hi and O_o uff
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 09:05:23 PM »
And the searchfunction of the forum does not work for me, it never finds anything.

Yea that troubles me too from time to time...  :(

PY do you have any more control over that lest time you checked?

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
hi and O_o uff
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 10:22:05 PM »
Nothing I can do about it.
Invision has disabled all search functions in the forums that they host. They claim to be working on upgrades but nothing has been forthcoming in several months.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
hi and O_o uff
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »
Welwordion, it would be very helpful if you could tell us what you looked for  and where you looked for it.  Sort of share the experience.  Then we could fix things and make them easier for newbies that come after you.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hi and O_o uff
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 04:14:39 AM »
hmm well first I looked for a central information library on the site(in think I had the old site)
However there was nothing like that. I looked into the tutorial and it only gave basic information confusing about the syntax,grammar of the language,
I found the forum searched for links somehow got to wikipedia and trough you I got the link to the new site and the tutoria from youko.
I also found the Dna help ingame during all this process but I had the old version then and I forgot there where descriptions.
I also found the textfile which memory numbers are related to task but forgot the name until I found it again later.
Hmm now that I seeon the tutorial in the new page it seems some of the grammar is explained.

AHH well I will tell you what structure would be the best.
First give a central link on the page to all helpfiles,collect them in one place.
Second there should 3 main tutorials:
1ingame physics and anatomy
2syntax and basic programming commands as well as explanation(current Dna tutorial?)
of stack (that there is only one stack) and the importance of order in the DNA
3Advanced programming and history of code(so one knows which concepts where tested already and what are currentyl the optimal solutions and what results where
created when certain bots competed)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 04:15:42 AM by Welwordion »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
hi and O_o uff
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 03:18:49 PM »
I think some sort of history of standard practices would be really cool, if not sort of hard.  The main difficulty in help files is that the program changes so often (well, maybe not that often) that it's hard to keep up with them all in the help files.

The wiki is supposed to become the manual, but it's alot of work, and fewer people than I'd hoped have contributed to it.  Plus there's currently two, so that's even more confusing.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
hi and O_o uff
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 09:19:53 PM »
Been working on the wiki a bit. Got operators and conditions ported over. Split Tutorials into two pages for ease of reading.