Author Topic: duel sim eco  (Read 22681 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: duel sim eco
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 07:17:59 PM »
well ive started another go but went a different rout.. instead of using animal min... i used a much simpler bot and had it in a populations stable, high mutations environment for a while till it had around 30 mutations. i saved the bots and started a new sim split.. the mutations rate is still high but not as high as the starter sim at around 1 stable or permanent mutation every 10 generations. although behavior hasn't changed much yet they are very different bots now in their dna currently at around 30 mutations. the color verifies this but one being yellow and the other almost black when they both started out red. i'm thinking of either letting them evolve till they have 100 mutations or just different behaviors. oddly the alga haven't changed much in color.. still green at about 25 mutation.

Perhaps introduce some competition at some point (competition less effective then even animal min to stop extinction), then you can stop the most inefficient populations sustaining themselves? #NaturalSelectionFTW
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 12:33:20 AM »
actually im modifying the environment to hopefully get good numbers for a potential predator prey system evolve after some time. unfortunately i modified the environments too much and forgot to save them and caused an extinction in one of the sims and almost in the other one too and had to back off the changes. so im starting again with the system that survived... :dry: oh well hopefully i wont make that mistake again.. then again what if i let the alga evolve in an empty sim for again before reintroducing animals again... yea lets do that lol

also its a matter of modifying the settings a little bit and in a stable way as not to kill them and to start out with an already stable pop
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:36:19 AM by Shadowgod2 »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 03:14:05 AM »
actually im modifying the environment to hopefully get good numbers for a potential predator prey system evolve after some time. unfortunately i modified the environments too much and forgot to save them and caused an extinction in one of the sims and almost in the other one too and had to back off the changes. so im starting again with the system that survived... :dry: oh well hopefully i wont make that mistake again.. then again what if i let the alga evolve in an empty sim for again before reintroducing animals again... yea lets do that lol

also its a matter of modifying the settings a little bit and in a stable way as not to kill them and to start out with an already stable pop
I wonder if that could be controlled from a script or some code... Make the program do small automatic changes and check if it creates any pop instabilities?
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 07:30:27 PM »
This is all fun and all but saving a robot, modifying the new settings, and saving the robot again the program does automatically. It is called survival evolution restart modes. You can also throw in dynamic costs. :P Sorry did not reply earlier. Do appreciate the attempt to have a stable ecosystem under current vegy architecture though. I gave up on that after about 24h run time.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »
Somewhat related but mostly off topic:

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 12:00:10 AM »
really you cant get a stable eco? i have this one running just fine... also update.. i've modified the sets for a river type sim mostly because evo had slowed a bit.. now explosions in diversity of plants but in one they've become semi cancerous trying to get the animal now to evolve more too to help keep them under control, tweaking the sets slightly.

so to enable a river type sim i put in a little gravity and fluid density to it. then i put in 10 random shapes with drift on although i think its a bit too fast even on the slowest settings..(i personally like extremely slow to let evolution take place a bit first..) unfortunately animal is a bit too slow on mutating now and almost stopped evolving. however i do have 2 stable animals in the same eco although they aren't very different atm.

nice btw bots, is that the one you've been evolving here lately? also i you want some tips on getting a stable eco i might be able to help on that.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:04:15 AM by Shadowgod2 »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 08:28:37 PM »
no explosions in diversity of plants but in one they've become semi cancerous

Nice. I was playing with different setting combinations early on trying to get them to evolve but did not want to make a career out of it (if you know what I mean.) So I opted to do a hack instead (which resulted in project greenlight) that forces them to start attacking under most settings.

I sincerely hope that when I upgrade everything to project greenlight chloroplast system your ecosystem stuff will still work correctly.
Also, if you think your methods are rock solid enough I suggest you attempt to publish it like I plan to do with my evolution algorithms.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 12:02:19 AM »
well its not really rock solid but definitely helps. i've actually found that animal_min.. and alga_min.. aren't very compatible with each other which is why i made a alga that was.. you can get a sim with them though but it has to be huge weighed more towards the alga and the sim would run very slow...

also i just looked at the description of the mutations sim in red and its not far off from what i do.. definitely needs an update since the chloroplasts... i'll start one up..

i also let the sims interact a little and i think i need to start over because even though mutations seem to go well before it almost seemed to have stopped for algas in one sim and animals in the other before i interacted them... but was still interesting to watch happen.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:30:09 AM by Shadowgod2 »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:51 PM »
well its not really rock solid but definitely helps. i've actually found that animal_min.. and alga_min.. aren't very compatible with each other which is why i made a alga that was.. you can get a sim with them though but it has to be huge weighed more towards the alga and the sim would run very slow...

also i just looked at the description of the mutations sim in red and its not far off from what i do.. definitely needs an update since the chloroplasts... i'll start one up..

i also let the sims interact a little and i think i need to start over because even though mutations seem to go well before it almost seemed to have stopped for algas in one sim and animals in the other before i interacted them... but was still interesting to watch happen.

I found that alga can be a bit weak at times too...
I've been trying to force an alga to reproduce a couple of times quite quickly if no other alga's surround it (similar to a spore of fungus or plant seed growing) and then stay stably growing in a cluster.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 08:36:28 AM »
you mean like my alga? lol

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 11:54:45 AM »
you mean like my alga? lol
If that 900-odd memory location is to do with seeing other members of the species, yeah.

I'd also love to setup a bot which can form a string and be properly bouyant...Ah, so many things to do!