Code center > Bugs and fixes

path or file access error followed by file not found

(1/2) > >>

Botsareus:
This is an old error that potentially is preventing people from playing with my restart modes (such as leagues and automatic evolutions)
I finally figured out what is causing it. Basically if you have a file open in the "league" or "evolution" folder and after that without closing the file or folder initiate a new restart mode the program will crash trying to delete the old league or evolution folder recursive.

The problem is, after that crash  if you run the program again, it is still trying to look for a restart mode and the whole install of the program seems butched.

The quick work around for now instead of reinstalling darwinbots completely just delete "restartmode.gset" file from the main folder.

Botsareus:
... I am working on 2.49 when I am not swamped with math homework  :)

Shadowgod2:
hmm.. when i last tried it, it always seemed to pop up 3 or so windows.. would changing the settings have to do with that or something? i am retrying it now...

Botsareus:
... You must have used some really funky settings and got an infinite loop somehow that launches restarter repeatedly.
edit: I think I fixed all conditions that lead to such stuff happening but I may have missed something.

Botsareus:
... Another culprit could be you running more then one simulation from the same instance of the exe. If you are running with restart modes you must run each instance from a unique folder. Just make a copy of the entite DB2 folder from the install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version