Bots and Simulations > Bot Tavern

A Family 2

<< < (2/2)

Endy:
Yeah I think that'd be a good idea, maybe also charge the bots a cost in nrg based on how much poisons(waste) they're carrying around. This would spur bots to have to repro so as to remain alive or at least get rid of the waste occasionally.

I would like some sort of memory pointer, although I think the best way to handle it would be just to add some sort of * readback command. You could then just str the numbers like normal and then apply the readback whenever necessary.

Should be great for mutations and for designed bots by allowing changing rdbk locations during the bot's lifetime. Would also probably shorten down on required coding since rdbks would be treated no differently than a storeloc.

Umm...real creatures do use alot epigenetics(all mamals), Presumably it's better to hard code most of it but have epigenetics to allow more variety using the same basic dna. It's part of the reason all of our cells can share the same initial dna but have radically different forms that they pass on to their decendents.

The wikepedia article talks about this pretty well. Humans normally must have two parents because the function of a gene changes based on the parent it came from. This is why cloning is so difficult, clones only have one parent so don't receive the proper epigenetic information. I'm guessing here but it seems animals were/are able to do better based on how much information they can compact together.

In DB we could rig something to possibly work with a *.dad and *.mom reference or something similar since there would be no defined sexes. This could tell the bots which parent a gene came from and they could act differently accordingly.

spike43884:
I'd love someone to post the DNA for this (or a link to it) hopefully not in inline conditioning...
Im obsessed with swarmbots (no, not multibots. Swarmbots)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version