Author Topic: <Debate>New Forums?<Debate>  (Read 7426 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
<Debate>New Forums?<Debate>
« on: April 07, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
I was thinking. DB has sort of hit an activity low...lots of old inactive or unused accounts, lots of forum threads, which are dead....
So what if we made a new forum (linking to this as 'old forum' and disabling new posts / disabling new users...)
We could start afresh!
And it'd allow us a nice cleaner newer (possibly more improved) forum to situate db3 or such on when it comes out?

Your thoughts?
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: <Debate>New Forums?<Debate>
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 03:01:11 PM »
This forum has everything we need. Plus the administrators did mods to improve it that is hard to do if you need to learn the hyper-text-prepossessing (or asp even) for a brand new forum. Every time we did switch forums (2 times) it was VERY confusing. People who visit about once a year will have to figure out we switched forums because the currently active user base is about 4 people. What is the point of having a new forum for just 4 people?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:04:15 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 04:14:51 PM »
If you want to have a clean sheet, I think it's easier to move all old posts to a 'archive' forum and disable posting in there. Don't see a good reason to do that, though.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 11:37:48 AM »
If you want to have a clean sheet, I think it's easier to move all old posts to a 'archive' forum and disable posting in there. Don't see a good reason to do that, though.
Thats an alternative.
I mean, were expecting DB3 or botsareus's DB version at some point, or maybe we might just get an update that is notable for DB2...Plus we've got a period of low-activity, making an archive and doing some spring cleaning (even only if its of posts that are 1+ years old) might help.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »
I think this is called the Spike takeover.  :P Managed to push all the right buttons in the correct order too.

edit: I think I finally figured him out. He is not an evil pissed off version of PY, he is Ted Cruz. Anyway gtg before I actually start taking myself seriously.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:14:47 PM by Botsareus »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:28:37 AM »
He is not an evil pissed off version of PY, he is Ted Cruz.
Oh no! My identity has been revealed!  :P
Anyway... I am like, 25% of the active community ;3

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »
I think it is either not enough pies for bots to eat or maybe you have something to do with the fact that you are 1/4 of the active community but strongly leaning toward the pies.