Author Topic: Could not find symbol: DllRegisterServer  (Read 5065 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Could not find symbol: DllRegisterServer
« on: July 25, 2016, 12:59:51 PM »
I have just installed Darwinbots-2-48-29 and when I checked the installation log this message was there. What does it mean? Is it important for the functionality of DB?
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Could not find symbol: DllRegisterServer
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:18:30 PM »
Woh that is operating system level stuff. I do not know how nsis works under the hood, this got to be a Numsgil question. As long as the program runs should be fine though.

edit: Did some digging on it online. Looks like it is attempting to "register" some library that does not need to be. So it is doing more work installing than it should.

P.S.

Fun way to mess with new physics is high y-gravity, no screen wrap, and load up plenty of robots with null dna. Than adjust collision elasticity and the simulation should react appropriately. This is version 2.48.31. Welcome back Testlund.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:34:39 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:30:24 PM »
I am feeling reasonably confident that this is a way for nsis to let a user know that a DLL is already installed.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 04:38:22 PM »
The installer is trying to prevent the issues people had like this.  if you can open up all the UI menus without it complaining about missing dependencies you're fine.