Author Topic: Darwinbots 2.48.31  (Read 17642 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Darwinbots 2.48.31
« on: July 17, 2016, 01:02:47 PM »
More realistic and less buggy elasticity: Got rid of CoefficientElasticity rescaling for massive robots and replaced with limit overlapping robots by physically changing position.

Bug fix in set aim: Made sure angdiff gets passed a normalized angle and no longer divide ma correction by 2.
Bug fix in kill robot.
Other minor bug fixing and unused code removal.

Fixed the way static friction works:

Static friction no longer causes robots to travel in the opposite direction. (For example when you apply a large force such as 40 .up for one cycle at high static friction)
Vector of motion is calculated as part of static friction: A robot no longer has to be completely stationary to experience static friction. If it attempts to move in a perpendicular direction to the direction it is currently moving static friction is applyed.

Also, kinetic friction now reduces spin momentum less and the reduction is now applied to robots who do not move but only spin.

Reposition code is back but it is more accurate. Also, instead of scattering robots across the screen it just offsets the robots so they should still be able to find each other if they are doing team work. Also, shots are erased on blue respawn.

Fixed an old bug where robots where overlapping on top of shapes and screen borders when they where traveling really quickly.
Fixed an old bug where returning shots where getting crazy velocity from robots blocked by shapes or edge of screen.

Fudging rules no longer apply to repopulating robots.

Poison now is 4x cheaper to make so hopefully it will be more usable. Also the effects of poison where lowered to match venom more.
The delta limit for producing slime is now 200. This makes it harder to tie feed on very slimey vegs.

Bug fix: Bodgain and Bodloss work now.

P.S.

The new physics needs Beta testing if anyone is interested.

click here to download

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Darwinbots 2.48.31
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 07:07:55 PM »
I have noticed only one little artifact of my physics fix. Plants spawning on top of each other when you spawn many at once behave a little bumpy. I looked for a work around but could not find any that do not break what the new physics is supposed to fix in the first place.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 10:18:46 AM »
I was going to submit the 2.48.32 binary today but the FTP seems to be down, and Numsgil is working on something and asked me not to nag him for a couple of days. :(

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »
I have sent the binary to Shasta. Hopefully he will add it over the weekend :cross fingers:

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »
I have noticed only one little artifact of my physics fix. Plants spawning on top of each other when you spawn many at once behave a little bumpy. I looked for a work around but could not find any that do not break what the new physics is supposed to fix in the first place.
If your still having this bug. Do pythagoras to determine if any bots/plants are within x distance of the plant-to-spawn.
Should work?
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline NotLegalTender

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 01:56:45 AM »
What's new regarding darwinbots?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 10:46:45 AM »
There's been very little.  (I'm still plunking away at the fluid model for Darwinbots3 but I'm at least several months away from something releasable on that front.  There's not active Darwinbots2 development going on right now, as far as I know).

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 06:44:50 AM »
Nothing at the moment.  I'm a bit stuck on the fluid model I'm using.

I had a problem with the fluid velocity becoming infinite far away from the bot.  I found this article which discusses the problem and provides a simple solution.  Now I need to find the forces the fluid puts on the bot and vice versa, which shouldn't be too hard but I've run out of steam.