Author Topic: When oh when will we get internet mode back?  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
When oh when will we get internet mode back?
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:13:31 PM »
Spike can you tell Billy to host the server side of PeterIM? I kind of miss internet mode... :(

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: When oh when will we get internet mode back?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 04:12:55 AM »
Spike can you tell Billy to host the server side of PeterIM? I kind of miss internet mode... :(
Billy? (Is billy just a new pseudonym for peter?)
I'd like to have a go at internet mode, I just need them to choose new port(s) when it goes up ;.;

Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 09:59:26 AM »
Billy is the dude who claimes to be running IM when no one else is successful at running it. He also wrote some nasty ass robots that completely screwed with my IM version of survival mode. :)

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 11:36:44 AM »
The problem is Peter was paying to host a server because he did not have time or the resources to sandbox and run his own server. And when I had a particularly nasty one of my nervous breakdowns no one other than Billy had interest in IM so Peter shut it down. I think I have the current server side in a download somewhere, we just need to find someone to host it.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 06:15:07 AM »
The problem is Peter was paying to host a server because he did not have time or the resources to sandbox and run his own server. And when I had a particularly nasty one of my nervous breakdowns no one other than Billy had interest in IM so Peter shut it down. I think I have the current server side in a download somewhere, we just need to find someone to host it.

Well... what about setting up a donation button somewhere, to help pay for IM.
Then the tiny amount of people that actually do DB might donate something.

Slightly offtopic: We do need to think of some way to interest people in DB again.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 06:54:35 PM »
Btw: One of the subtle strategy's Spike uses to drive people away is he always has to have the last word. Just realized that.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 05:31:49 PM »
Meh. I am just going with what Peter said that I am being too ambitious. At least that will make me feel better.