Author Topic: dule evo sim  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
dule evo sim
« on: June 09, 2016, 11:00:33 PM »
so i made an alga that could survive animal minimal in a thin fluid environment with a decent sim size of 9 so i could run it with a good relative speed (5 cycles/sec) instead of the .1 - 1 a few days ago... day one the alga had around 10 mutations and animal had about half that. looking at the graphs i had going (pop and avg mut) the alga was shooting up in mutations where animal had flat lined  :glare: alga had finaly stalled in mutations at around 15 and animal was still stuck at .. 5 mutations. the pop was at about 500-600 for alga and animal still struggles to stay at around 100. if there was ever a time good mutations to happen it would be now but lack of pop is making that very difficult for the animal. here are the before and after bots.

alga before:
Code: [Select]
cond
*971 0 =
*.nrg 100 >
*.daytime 1 =
start
10 .mkchlr store
stop

cond
*.nrg 20000 >
start
50 .repro store
stop

cond
*.pain 10 >
*971 0 =
start
50 971 store
10 .repro store
314 rnd .aimsx store
stop

cond
*971 0 >
start
*.body 5 sub .fdbody store
10 .dn store
971 dec
stop

cond
*.robage 100 <
start
*.chlr .rmchlr store
stop

alga current:
cond
 *971 0 =
 *.nrg 100 >
 *.tieang2 *.mkvirus =
 start
 10 .mkchlr store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  15  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  16  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.nrg 20000 >
 *.refaim 50 .repro dec
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  24  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  25  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.robage 100 <
 store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  30  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  31  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.pain 10 >
 *.trefsx *.tin1 *.in1 start
 50 971 store
 10 .repro store
 314 rnd .aimleft store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  49  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Begins at position  50  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *971 0 >
 start
 *.body store
 *.eye5dir *.eye5 .fdbody store
 *.eye6 .dn store
 971 dec
 *.chlr .rmchlr store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  5 Ends at position  69  '''''''''''''''''''''''

animal before:
'Animal_Minimalis
'By: Nums
'Good for mutation sims and for
'newbies to see how a basic bot works.
'Contains everything necessary for it
'to survive and reproduce.

' Gene 1 Food Finder
cond
 *.eye5 0 >
 *.refeye *.myeye !=
start
 *.refveldx .dx store
 *.refvelup 30 add .up store
stop

' Gene 2 Eat Food
cond
 *.eye5 50 >
 *.refeye *.myeye !=
start
-1 .shoot store
 *.refvelup .up store
stop

' Gene 3 Avoiding Family
cond
 *.eye5 0 =
 *.refeye *.myeye = or
start
 314 rnd .aimdx store
stop

' Gene 4 Reproduce
cond
 *.nrg 20000 >
start
 10 .repro store
stop

end

animal after:
cond
 *.eye5 0 *.rmchlr *.refnrg *.myeye !=
 start
 *.refveldx .dx store
 *.refvelup 30 add .up store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  17  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  18  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 50 >
 *.bodgain *.myeye !=
 start
 -1 .shoot store
 *748 .up store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  32  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Begins at position  33  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.eye5 0 =
 store
 *.myeye =
 or
 start
 *.timer rnd .aimright store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  3 Ends at position  46  '''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Begins at position  47  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 cond
 *.nrg 20000 >
 start
 10 .repro store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  4 Ends at position  55  '''''''''''''''''''''''

all in all not what i expected but hay that's evolution for ya :D

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: dule evo sim
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »
I actually did not think fluid density was working. Looking at the vb code you may actually get away with the same effects by adding friction and z-gravity. Not something on my port list anyway.

Looking at your results, I do not really see any new novel behaviors other than the simplified animal. Still cool because in a free style sim I expect Muller's Ratchet to increase - not decrease.

:)

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 07:32:48 PM »
yea especially in such a short amount of time too. it's still going and animal has went to 7 mutations and alga has 16. very slow evo here. i'm thinking on trying to make a 5+ species sim but the 3 that i made before was very unstable and often failed with just a few mutations. definitely going to have to figure how to make more stable bots then.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:27:14 AM »
Looks like animal min. just evolved to break its conspec avoidance code.  That is, it learned to eat each other.  Which always seems to be the first thing it does, for better or worse.  That's probably also why it's having a hard time maintaining a high population: it's self limiting because as it gets too crowded they just eat each other.

You might want to try starting with a bot that already is cannibalistic, and see where it goes from there.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:08:45 AM »
hang on why does it seem like mutations really start to go up only when my internet is on? i restarted the program and watched a movie and during that time animal gains 3 new mutations last night before i went to sleep and nothing after i turned my internet off. this morning internet on and algas start to go up. is this just coincidence or is there something here that im not seeing?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 09:06:01 AM »
Yea coincidence.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 09:53:26 AM »
Let me clarify:

If you have "use internet pictures to seed randomizer" and no internet the program will freeze at some point trying to get data until an internet connection is reestablished.

But that has nothing to do with mutation rates. And absolutely nothing to do with the internet if the above rule is disabled.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 03:33:31 AM »
Let me clarify:

If you have "use internet pictures to seed randomizer" and no internet the program will freeze at some point trying to get data until an internet connection is reestablished.

But that has nothing to do with mutation rates. And absolutely nothing to do with the internet if the above rule is disabled.
What! Wheres that setting xD?
[Better idea] Use Conway's Game of Life to decide the fate of all robots.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »
Hey Shadow,

How far did you get with this experiment? I think I found the culprit for your weird mutation fluctuations: Regular Delta instead of using Delta2 from global settings.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 11:04:20 AM »
Hey just a thought for if theres still a need for cannibots.
I think I made a cannibot a while back, banta or some such silly name.
It was a primitive cannibal mb. Its sole behavior really was to each its neighbours, so population always stayed stable...
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 02:27:43 PM »
It's still running I'll have a look tonight after work

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 12:45:24 PM »
So I think it may be a little over powering just a few hours and it filled the species list. I have forking enabled.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »
If you want forking but not op, there is an option to adjust after how much mutations a fork is logged. I think it is disable forking and then activate it again, it should flash you a prompt.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
Also it crashes my computer I'll have a closer look at it tonight

Thank god I had a backup of the sim...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:22:18 PM by Shadowgod2 »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »
If you are getting bsod that has nothing to do with Darwinbots. Most likely culprit is your comp. is overheating.