General > Off Topic

<Rant> Twitter hacked for the 3rd time <Rant>

(1/4) > >>

Botsareus:
OMG. This is the third time twitter gives me BS about some service or website not associated with twitter compromised my account and than I am following random people I never wanted to follow. Not that I care, being socially connected even to random people is better than nothing. But very annoying.

Botsareus:
The good news: I got an ip hit on the mofo. Looks like the individual is from Netherlands. Lets see what my options are.  :P

Botsareus:
Looks like a proxy. Attempting to trace further now.

Botsareus:
hmm... I got another hit from where Numsgil is (see picky)

Numsgil, does any of this look familiar to you?

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Botsareus on May 08, 2016, 03:52:18 PM ---hmm... I got another hit from where Numsgil is (see picky)

Numsgil, does any of this look familiar to you?

--- End quote ---
If thats Numsgil's location (which I have no clue if it is), but if it is then the its either a very, very rare coincidence OR:
Someone sent a computer virus through IM, or through something both of you (and possibly more people, E.G. the dude from the netherlands) which may or may not have lay dormant for a long time, and has been activated as a proxy. This allows the person then to ping back and forth through most of us, taking a long time to be actually trace them down, and its likely they're doing it from some device which they can move (e.g. a laptop) which they've setup to use a dynamic IP.

Are any of our members that were around when IM was up and running from the netherlands? (that we know of atleast)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version