Author Topic: Trigonometry Mathematics  (Read 14682 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Trigonometry Mathematics
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »
I want to use some trigonometry in one of my bots, but I'm not familiar with radians. Plus I've not used db in ages.
So i'll outline my usage below:
3 bots connected via 2 ties in a line going bot A, bot B, bot C.
Bot (A) see's an enemy and gives info about which direction from itself the enemy is, and how far away.
Bot (B) receives this info, and performs a trigonometric calculation to fire at the enemy (without using eyes :D). It then gives information about which direction from itself the enemy is, and how far away.
Bot (C) receives bot B's info and performs a trigonometric calculation to fire at the enemy (without using eyes :D).

Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Trigonometry Mathematics
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
I want to use some trigonometry in one of my bots, but I'm not familiar with radians.

Start here, then read this.  DB angles are radians * 200 basically.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 05:36:23 AM »
I want to use some trigonometry in one of my bots, but I'm not familiar with radians.

Start here, then read this.  DB angles are radians * 200 basically.
The length of a tie and the method of telling how far away something is in an eye is the same as well right?
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 06:53:03 PM »
Distances in eyes are somewhat complicated.  The article on eyes has a section on it.

Then length of a tie is  also complicated.  For multibots, your best bet is to get the two bots approximately the right distance, form the tie, wait for it to harden, then set the stiffness to 100.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 05:34:47 AM »
Distances in eyes are somewhat complicated.  The article on eyes has a section on it.

Then length of a tie is  also complicated.  For multibots, your best bet is to get the two bots approximately the right distance, form the tie, wait for it to harden, then set the stiffness to 100.
I noticed .tielen isn't in the ties sysvar section.
Has it become deprecated? (I rather liked .tielen & .tieang)

I might hold off till one of DB2's successors comes out for using trigonometry then, hopefully some more -universal- distance telling will evolve then...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 07:12:52 PM »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »
.tielen.
Yeah look on the sysvar page tie commands subsection.
It doesn't list tielen

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 02:42:53 PM »
yea sometimes you just need the full sysvar page to find it. it's not under the ties subsection but in the multibot subsection

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 02:27:43 PM »
yea sometimes you just need the full sysvar page to find it. it's not under the ties subsection but in the multibot subsection
To be honest, the multibot subsection only makes sense for the .multi command, which with only that command not being suitable for a tie subsection, it would be more sensible to create a .miscellaneous subsection which could also contain .pain or other 'unique' uses.