Author Topic: Next project for google deepmind!  (Read 9117 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Next project for google deepmind!
« on: April 01, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »
I recently had a chance to see all the "AlphaGo" games against the 2nd top Go player in the world. Although I do not play go really well because the end game scoring rules are a little confusing to me, it was epic.

They want to move on to "incomplete information" games. And it looks like they are thinking Poker. I say they should try Monopoly! first. It is incomplete information because of factors like where the dice will land. Just something I was thinking about.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Next project for google deepmind!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 05:48:33 AM »
I recently had a chance to see all the "AlphaGo" games against the 2nd top Go player in the world. Although I do not play go really well because the end game scoring rules are a little confusing to me, it was epic.

They want to move on to "incomplete information" games. And it looks like they are thinking Poker. I say they should try Monopoly! first. It is incomplete information because of factors like where the dice will land. Just something I was thinking about.
Your going to have to explain "Go" to me, I'm unfamiliar with it.
I do however enjoy a good variety of card games, chess, Othello and so forth.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 06:38:12 PM »
context.

On a related note, I'm ~1kyu at go, if anyone would want to play.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 06:02:29 AM »
context.

I'd have a go and play you, i've never played before, but I'd have a go XD The ranking in similar to that in Karate.
...Just if the ranking were transferable, I'd be 2nd kyu already! (I'm no longer 2-1/3 kyu!)
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 06:44:59 PM »
context.

I'd have a go and play you, i've never played before, but I'd have a go XD The ranking in similar to that in Karate.
...Just if the ranking were transferable, I'd be 2nd kyu already! (I'm no longer 2-1/3 kyu!)

They're only transferable if you use the nuclear tesjui, which is hard to do online.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 05:39:53 AM »
They're only transferable if you use the nuclear tesjui, which is hard to do online.
Ahh thats a brilliant find, I reckon a (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Followed by a O=('-'Q)
which might even result in a ✖_✖
Would allow me to do online Nuclear Tesjui!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »
Meh, I would love to play Numsgil one day. I think I should review the rules and go to some online go site to practice. Problem is by the time I get good Numsgil will have the equivalent of a 8th black belt.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 02:28:35 PM »
Meh, I would love to play Numsgil one day. I think I should review the rules and go to some online go site to practice. Problem is by the time I get good Numsgil will have the equivalent of a 8th black belt.
Well via nuclear tesjui he's be a fair match for my head sensei!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 02:02:02 PM »
Will Alphago play Ke Jie?