Code center > Darwinbots3

Architecture expension while keeping the program object orianted.

(1/2) > >>

Botsareus:
So this is more of a question than a suggestion.

In DB2 I created something like "fitness functions"
Basically they calculate a variables based on properties of a group of robots using a special formula. Currently this variables are saved global as they cause a 'simulation state' and need to save as part of the simulation.

A group of robots are added a handicap to there energy or body based on these variables.

Also, a group of robots is not always executed. You can say there state is in 'suspended animation' until a counter (also a collection of global variables currently) lets them return to a simulation.

I guess this is a continuation of my question from off topic. How would I program something like this in DB3 so the DB3 architecture play nice with it?

Testlund:
Hmmn... Is this something you've already added to DB or is it in the planning stage? I'm a bit concerned about favoring some bots over others with a handicap, that it defeats the purpose of true evolution.

Botsareus:
Testlund, this stuff happens ONLY if you go into Settings > Global Settings > Evolution > Simple survival mode or Eco survival mode. Then the program will restart itself, populate robots and all that good stuff. I even got an option to run eco survival mode in combination with IM. Which hopefully I will start doing in a couple of months after making sure the IM gremlins don't come back. At some point actually I would like you to try it so I would not be the only one on IM running it, and other users too. But this is completely optional and does NOT activate under normal conditions. I do seem to recall that you had problems of making the program restart itself before, I even made some YouTube vids to help you out. You said you got it work after our session.

It actually does not favor individual bots, only a species of bots. Because the algorithm does not know what "better" is. It can only collect measurements such as population, body, and energy. It works quite well actually.

Testlund:

--- Quote from: Botsareus on March 31, 2016, 04:52:43 PM ---Testlund, this stuff happens ONLY if you go into Settings > Global Settings > Evolution > Simple survival mode or Eco survival mode.
--- End quote ---

Forget my concern then. It's always nice to have options.  :)

--- Quote ---At some point actually I would like you to try it so I would not be the only one on IM running it, and other users too. But this is completely optional and does NOT activate under normal conditions. I do seem to recall that you had problems of making the program restart itself before, I even made some YouTube vids to help you out. You said you got it work after our session.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I just now looked through old threads to refresh my memory about the global settings, because I haven't played with DB for months. I'll see if I can do some testings with your survival mode settings.

Botsareus:
This is getting rather off topic but:

If you do, when you get it running click on Help Menu (On the menu bar) > Survival Info. To view the calculation currently being applied to the red robots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version