Author Topic: Another evolution simulator  (Read 10827 times)

Offline ahwilliams

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Another evolution simulator
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 12:34:36 PM »
I agree with most of those suggestions and tbh have struggled with the graphics quite a bit.  Design decisions are not a linear path and I can go in circles trying to find the perfect combination.  I have a forum working now:

http://grubbymonster.com/index.php/forum/index

Its still very new and I have lots of work to do, so many design decisions  :blink: !!  As a recovering perfectionist I am trying to just get it out there and fix it later.  I have so many "place holders" that I plan on getting back to later I've considered just calling it 'Evolution: placeholder'

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 03:06:15 PM »
I agree with most of those suggestions and tbh have struggled with the graphics quite a bit.  Design decisions are not a linear path and I can go in circles trying to find the perfect combination.  I have a forum working now:

Its still very new and I have lots of work to do, so many design decisions  :blink: !!  As a recovering perfectionist I am trying to just get it out there and fix it later.  I have so many "place holders" that I plan on getting back to later I've considered just calling it 'Evolution: placeholder'

The forum IS up and running. Just not really functioning. It appears to be a terrible glitchy/badly coded host you have their. I made an account, but can't log in. Its also a bit of an....undesirable looking forum, May I -strongly- recommend you use the same forum host as Darwinbots2 Uses.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline ahwilliams

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »
A very big thank you for the suggestion.  I know it probably seems obvious but the other forum integrated much easier and is way more popular in the joomla community.  Joomla is just a content management system I am very familiar with so it decreased the production time to get a site running.  However, you were 1000% correct, the SMF forum is very easy to configure and very intuitive so THANKS!  Let me know if you have any trouble accessing it.  The direct link is http://www.grubbymonster.com/forum but there is a link from the main site. 

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 12:15:45 AM »

The forum IS up and running. Just not really functioning. It appears to be a terrible glitchy/badly coded host you have their. I made an account, but can't log in. Its also a bit of an....undesirable looking forum, May I -strongly- recommend you use the same forum host as Darwinbots2 Uses.

ok so was the giant wording really necessary couldn't regular size work just fine it looks like you are really really pist over nothing. you didn't suggest anything about the forum before hand of what to use or how to structure it did you?

ist does look better with this kind of forum though. already signed up

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 04:51:34 AM »

ok so was the giant wording really necessary couldn't regular size work just fine it looks like you are really really pist over nothing. you didn't suggest anything about the forum before hand of what to use or how to structure it did you?

ist does look better with this kind of forum though. already signed up
Well I was...relatively agitated. I don't mind to much about the forum, as long as it works...Which currently. It does not. It'd be nice for it to look nice, but just for us to be able to log in after we've created an account. I honestly dont mind the structure, its a bit garish to look at, but no, the fact we can't log in. thats the annoying part
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline ahwilliams

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 08:31:15 AM »
I don't mind the big text, my eyesight is pretty bad  8) I am just very appreciative of the input.  Time is my lowest commodity at the moment and suggestions like this save me hours of trouble later on when dozens of people cant log on and someone finally gets around to telling me.

The forum should be good for everyone now!  Also, if you want the steam codes for the beta version (and future versions), just post here:

http://www.grubbymonster.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 06:52:25 AM »
I don't mind the big text, my eyesight is pretty bad  8) I am just very appreciative of the input.  Time is my lowest commodity at the moment and suggestions like this save me hours of trouble later on when dozens of people cant log on and someone finally gets around to telling me.

The forum should be good for everyone now!  Also, if you want the steam codes for the beta version (and future versions), just post here:

http://www.grubbymonster.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0
It'd be nice if we can still run it off steam also, I don't know how long it'll take me to fix out this issue with steam (their password servers just -dont- want to let me connect)