Author Topic: Fibonacci  (Read 5682 times)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Fibonacci
« on: September 19, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »
I'm thinking of making a bot that will search for food in a Fibonacci Spiral or "golden spiral".
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Fibonacci
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »
Make it rotate quickly in the beginning and slow the rotation over time while keeping forward speed constant. Can not do the math in my head for the exact numbers but you should get something like a spiral.

Ex:

Set memory location 999 to 32000 at robot age zero

Then do *999 10 mult 15 div 999 store
Then do *999 50 div .aimdx store, etc.

Repeat each cycle
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 02:51:13 PM by Botsareus »

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »
Okay, thanks. I'll probably have to reverse that because it is doing a reverse spiral, as in, it starts from the edge of the spiral and goes inwards.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 12:26:55 PM »
Okay, thanks. I'll probably have to reverse that because it is doing a reverse spiral, as in, it starts from the edge of the spiral and goes inwards.
that'd be quite powerful.
Oh if your thinking of strange shapes for bots, I did come up with a possible bot which assigns various jobs to each bot. It starts with one colony leader, it has very short range vision in most spots, then ridiculously long vision in a thin forward spot. It then waits for an enemy to show up in the wedge, reproduces a bot between it and the enemy, ties to its new child. Performs fixpos on itself, then increases the tie length to the distance the enemy is away. It turns till it finds an enemy this starting leader does. once the child has killed everything in its site, the child detaches, and then somehow the child becomes, or is replaced by another colony leader. The process then repeats.

This would create a very long range hunter.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »
So it creates a conga line of children to it's prey?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:29 AM »
So it creates a conga line of children to it's prey?
Sorry about late reply.
Pretty much. It creates a conga line which eats, then the end of the conga becomes a new 'base' to create conga lines.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 02:32:40 PM »
All right, I've figured out a pretty efficient base for making "conga lines"

I'm trying to make a bot like a slime mold with it.
Basically:
Code: [Select]

cond
start
50 .repro store
stop

cond
*.refeye *.myeye =
start
628 .aimdx store
stop

Not sure how well it would work for you, but it works for what I'm trying to do.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!