Author Topic: Its real quiet...  (Read 7566 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Its real quiet...
« on: June 06, 2015, 12:16:20 PM »
Like, real quiet. I think its only me, botsareus and occasionally numsigl now on.
Have you guys got any idea's of how we might be able to get some members...
We could mention the program on: http://www.scienceforums.net/
Im sure some of the amateur biologists there would be interested, and maybe a few more of the more intellectual ones might be interested, maybe some of the computer scientists to.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Its real quiet...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 12:41:05 AM »
yea there might be someone that might want in somewhere. it would be nice to have a little bit more active members though.

i personally just don't have anything to input usually but i get on everyday to see what's going on.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 05:08:07 AM »
yea there might be someone that might want in somewhere. it would be nice to have a little bit more active members though.

i personally just don't have anything to input usually but i get on everyday to see what's going on.
Same here really, daily I check for new posts, but I haven't seen any new posts, to give me ideas.
I would have already posted a link to DB2 on the science forums but my email has broke, im seeing to getting it fixed at some point, but it requires email verification (annoyingly).
Anyway, im sure some people on the science forums would probably be interested, I mean, I still stick by my opinion that "DB2 is the best opensource free life simulator out there".

Also shadow, did you get round to running a league?
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:46:36 AM »
i started and am trying to do it one at a time but i haven't had the time during the week and weekends are iffy.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 02:43:33 PM »
i started and am trying to do it one at a time but i haven't had the time during the week and weekends are iffy.
You can always as botsareus for directions I guess.

Its a shame nobody wrote an auto-league runner.
Then you could just start the program up, and leave it...then it'd save the results in a .txt file at the end.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 11:55:10 PM »
Bots has made such but only gives a top like 10 or something like that. i want a complete listing and i need all the bots before i do as well as i would like a version that all the sysvars work like there suppose to. also i have bad experiences with the auto relaunching and such which is why i don't use it. it always acts like there was a crash then doesn't start the sim it's supposed to.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 07:52:39 AM »
Yea, there are some messed up sysvars. I am going to have to rerun the entire league myself when they are fixed.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 07:59:30 AM »
Make sure you have restarter.exe for the autorelunch in the same folder as Darwin.exe. should work... If it does not, I can not really fix it from here. :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:06:18 AM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 08:34:51 AM »
One thing I can do from here is move the bots from the starting gate. At least it will give me something to do.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:37:59 AM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 12:34:35 PM »
I am only rerunning the F2 league from scratch and updating the rest.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »
I am only rerunning the F2 league from scratch and updating the rest.
K.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I'm back, though! :D
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 05:10:57 AM »
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I'm back, though! :D
Have you yet learn't to program bots from scratch spork?

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 10:34:07 AM »
I'm beginning to. I've done a lot of reading on the wiki and stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to do it.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 10:46:04 AM »
I'm actually going to try to work on the ring bot you mentioned here. http://forum.darwinbots.com/index.php/topic,6756.msg1392414.html#msg1392414

Hubba Jubba Lollywash!