Bots and Simulations > Simulation Emporium

How to properly set up an evolution sim?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Numsgil:
You might try to get a few more bots in there.  If the population is too small they can become overly sensitive to mutations.

In terms of interesting things happening, the first thing that should happen is that Animal Minimalis loses it's conspec recognition code and starts eating each other.  That's usually the first thing to develop.

Botsareus:
I had an optional fix for that weird reproduction bug put in about two years ago. Maybe I just have high expectations of interesting but I never seen anything interesting evolve in db using basic methods. If you use my algorithm you will have conspec fudging so conspec recognition will be preserved.

I have never actually attempted to evolve plants using my own algorithm as described. Sly can you try to evolve plants using survival evolution and DB2.48.25?

Botsareus:
I just realized that the correct terminology for my approach is a "fitness function"
All this time I thought it was just an output only function to see how fit something is. I hope I can recover my code as the first thing I will try is to evolve some vegys.

SlyStalker:
Bots - What do you mean evolve veggies? As in get a bot to grow its own chloroplasts? I was inactive during all the chloroplast updates so I don't really know how it all works.

The first thing that Animalis Minimalis usually turns into is a species that either a) shoots constantly regardless of what's in front of it, or b) moves forward while spinning when no target, or c) both. Also, is it even possible for "multi-cellular" bots to appear? Would be quite cool.

Botsareus:
All this stuff is under global settings. I did it this way so it appends to any given settings file. I am 99% the correct chloroplast code is in 2.48.25. I played with it a bit but never seen major plant evolution happen. The current vegy Dna is in the install pack.
I actually had a bot a long while back that simply moved and feed in a straight line on a 50 degree angle. I ran an older version of my fitness function on it. It started attaching to its babes to catapult them horizontal across the screen like bowling balls!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version