Bots and Simulations > Simulation Emporium

How to properly set up an evolution sim?

(1/3) > >>

SlyStalker:
How should I set up a sim and how many cycles should I be patiently waiting before expecting something to happen? Basically started with white coloured Animalis Minimalis and some green veggies and set mutations to x1/32. Currently on 119,000 cycles and most/all bots only have 2 mutations total.

Shadowgod2:
at that low of mutation rate it will be a very long time before you see anything interesting. i recommend 1x to 4x mutation rates for faster evolving unless your trying to form an ecosystem type sim then stability is key and down to 1/4x mutation rates is better without it being too boring and larger sized sims 12 13 size i find best.

Numsgil:
One of the key metrics is also mutations/generation.  That should be no more than maybe 1.  So let it run for a while and after a few dozen generations see how many mutations they've accumulated.  If it's around 0.4/generation, you're probably in a good place.  If it's like .01, that's probably too low.

Botsareus:
Just use my survival evolution stuff from global settings. You should be able to plug in any robot you want and it is completely environment independent. Ideally activating self adjusting mutation rates to speed things up under sun line will ball park your ideal mutation rates much faster.
By environment independent you can do any most basic survival settings. That means a physical food source of some kind unless you are evolving plants.

SlyStalker:
I started a new sim: size 7, 100 veggies, 40 bots, x1/2 mutation
Have I done it right? Also, how many cycles will it take for something interesting to happen? The last time I did this, which was a while ago, the most interesting thing that happened was a bot that was on 1 energy and continually reproduced. In the next cycle, the parent would die and then the child would flip around to reproduce again. Advanced propulsion maybe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version