Author Topic: poison and venom not working  (Read 22870 times)

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
poison and venom not working
« on: April 19, 2015, 01:50:08 AM »
i know it's a bit late for bugs but i just found a pretty big one.

i was messing around with poison but nothing i put into it works like it should or rather at all. and i just checked venom and it doesn't work either.

cond
*.shflav 0 !=
*.shflav -2 !=
start
50 .vloc store
50 .venval store
1 .strvenom store
*.shang .aimshoot store
-3 .shoot store
stop

cond
*.nrg 30000 >
start
314 rnd .aimdx store
50 .repro store
stop

'Gene 3 I was born!
cond
*.robage 0 =
start
180 .aimdx store
stop

'Gene 4 Moving out

'Gene 5 Almost moved out
cond
*.robage 10 <
start
10 .up store
stop

this is the bot i've been playing with just switching out the poison and venom but doesn't even change basic memory.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: poison and venom and possibly aimshoot not working
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 06:07:59 AM »
on another even simpler bot of mine which doesn't even move, I was using a version of my blind retaliation gene, but whatever value aimshoot had (I was using *.shang X sub .aimshoot store) it would aim right. shang is meant to be 90 degrees to the right (possibly left, I tried 90 and -90 as values in my sub aimshoot) yet it didnt 'appear' atleast to be affecting the aim. Its actually a desperate problem as the bot I created is inevitably even stronger than I thought, because it has virtually 0 energy wastage BUT its useless without its specific aiming. It has to sit there and so its very problematic currently.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: poison and venom not working
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:23:48 PM »
Note to self: Spike reported broken memory too.

If you guys find more bugs please post, hopefully by 8 months 75% of the simulator will be dysfunctional. Keep up the good work.  :D

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 11:30:31 AM »
Note to self: Spike reported broken memory too.

If you guys find more bugs please post, hopefully by 8 months 75% of the simulator will be dysfunctional. Keep up the good work.  :D

Lol. Hey botsareus, did you get my message asking if you could run 1 F3 league?
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 11:33:33 AM »
Another note to self: Make sure 4multibot" works.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »
I will do these tests if I do not have classes or lectures. Otherwise only evolving a zerobot.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
I will do these tests if I do not have classes or lectures. Otherwise only evolving a zerobot.
What lectures do you do? :)

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 04:57:59 PM »
Actually, I am just trying to get into a uni and propose a version of Darwinbots as a research project to them. But if I ever do my own lectures it will most likely be on AI controlled biology in areas like long term space missions.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 07:19:28 AM »
Actually, I am just trying to get into a uni and propose a version of Darwinbots as a research project to them. But if I ever do my own lectures it will most likely be on AI controlled biology in areas like long term space missions.
Space. Ahh I do like space. Have you read about the ESA's TARDIS mission.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 11:06:53 AM »
I just found a related bug. Waste shooting does not default to a scalar value if shootval is zero.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 04:31:48 AM »
I just found a related bug. Waste shooting does not default to a scalar value if shootval is zero.
Strange. also DB2 has gotten real quiet..

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »
Spike, it would have helped if you did not assist me in losing my modulator rights. Now getting my mod rights back and running leagues is at the bottom of my list.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 12:04:11 PM »
Spike, it would have helped if you did not assist me in losing my modulator rights. Now getting my mod rights back and running leagues is at the bottom of my list.
I didn't -assist- you in losing the modular rights. I assisted in another person being able to run the leagues, maybe as a replacement, maybe not as one...

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
Hey Numsgil. Can you please confirm that venom and poison are broken in the latest version? I can not run code from here. But looking trough the source in notepad I was not seeing anything wrong with it. Thx.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 01:27:56 AM »
ok i'm really really puzzled now. i went back to make sure it is a bug and i can't get venom to work on any version i try not even the main installer version 2.45.01 or earlier. soo now i don't know what it is. i remember it working at some point but now nothing. i don't know what's going on

here's the bot i'm using to test it all with

start
.shoot .vloc store
-2 .venval store
stop

cond
*.robage 10 mod 0 =
start
-3 .shoot store
11 .strvenom store
10 .shootval store
stop