Code center > Darwinbots3

DB3 Leagues

<< < (9/9)

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Botsareus on June 04, 2016, 09:08:11 PM ---I am actually not totally against of the ranking model proposed here. But I think it will run real close to 4ever. I can take away from this is maybe I should test 9 robots down after testing the top robot. This way if it beats the top robot but loses to one of the next 9 robots it is appropriately ranked. Also I am planning to take the 700 population limit out just because the evolutions have no such limit and take a long time anyway. Finally on the issue of robots simply outlasting the time limit. I think outlasting a 'dynamic' time limit is perfectly legit as is configured right now. edit: Also to eliminate the luck factor a little I will probably make each league go up to a score of 2 but will not go as far as any statistical draw because that also takes 4ever.

Anyway this is what I took away from this post as far as DB3 is concerned. Unfortunately I do not think my ideas on the topic will make it into DB3, and I think the current DB2 config. is good enough. Maybe this will make it into my DB version if I ever get to write one.

--- End quote ---

Just throwing in a random idea for a structure of it.
Split bots randomly into groups of 3, 4, 5 (whatever you want really, perhaps even relative to the total number of bots?), winners move on to next stage, 2nd places play against eachother in groups of X, 2nd place winners & winners of round 1 in groups of X fight. Repeats till X bots remain. Final with the remaining bots all fighting?

Botsareus:
To reduce some confusion: Spike is talking about the current tournament league that I am planning to faze out. Also 7 robots down sounds better than 10 and should still do the job.

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Botsareus on June 24, 2016, 12:49:26 PM ---To reduce some confusion: Spike is talking about the current tournament league that I am planning to faze out. Also 7 robots down sounds better than 10 and should still do the job.

--- End quote ---
Oh wow, thats actually the current tournament setup? (I've never had the need to locally run a tournament. I just hound the beastiary with bots).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version