Author Topic: Viruses (Re: Programming task (DNA editor))  (Read 6369 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Viruses (Re: Programming task (DNA editor))
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 07:45:42 PM »
For a while I was documenting things on the forum and the wiki but like you say it's hard to keep up to date.  It's also one thing to theorycraft something; quite another to actually implement it and see how it works in practice.  A lot of times I'll completely change my mind about something once I start building it and see how it's going to work in practice.  And the stuff around fluid is a pretty recent addition, and has a lot of subtle implications in all sorts of things.

I like talking things through, of course, but I don't really have a design doc I can point to for anything really.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Viruses (Re: Programming task (DNA editor))
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 05:14:25 AM »
Well, 1stly, we can be more realistic and have viruses explode the bot at a certain no. of viruses, as the bots surface is made up of those 'panels'
We could also give each bot species a specific protein pattern (aka code) on the outside of them (of course which would change SLIGHTLY when they reproduce) then we'd be identifying things like cells, and viruses (as viruses have a protein pattern as well) much more realistically, instead of looking at these imaginary "eyes". This means bots with very well programmed DNA (which has the capability to 'learn') could identify one type of virus, and build immunity to it...We could then have viruses not costing virtually anything to create, but then the viruses actually store some NRG within them, then the higher the stored NRG within them the longer they can last outside of a bot (This would create the decay rate for virus's quickly...)

Also, The idea of a petition is nice panda but remember the community is only about 10 of us. I've played minor flash games which get more plays in a week, and those flash games show up on page 50 of google, not page 1...So a petition isn't nessisarily going to give us a good amount of data...We need to dicuss it, to gain qualitative data. Unless nums sends out some sort of questionnaire to all his google collegues
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.