Author Topic: Panels (Re: Who else is online?)  (Read 2887 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Panels (Re: Who else is online?)
« on: April 14, 2015, 06:52:49 AM »

Just as a sidenote if you do do an update to change IM, coudl you also include a little change to maybe 10 free memory locations to store longterm memory that remains for maybe 20 cycles unless overwritten? It'd be incredibly useful if I were to attempt an "All For One" bot

Any memory locations that aren't sysvars won't get reset frame to frame (unless something is broken).  I think that's what you're asking for?  If you want them to wipe once every, say, 20 cycles, you could do something like

Code: [Select]
*.timer 20 mod 0 = 0 .somememloc store

Ahh ok, also, what amount of panels will bots have in DB3?
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Panels (Re: Who else is online?)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 01:16:02 PM »
Somewhere between 3 and maybe 1000.  Bots can vary the number of panels they have, so they can grow larger as time progresses.  There'll need to be an upper bound just to keep things sane, but I imagine it'll be quite high.  On the low side, it'll be somewhere between 3 and 6, depending on how the geometry works out for adding new panels.  My best guess right now is either 3 or 6 as a minimum.  Can't be smaller than a triangle, and hexagons can be formed in to triangles, chevrons, and hexagons, which mean it's a fairly versatile shape.  So if triangles don't work out I'd probably aim for hexagons.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Panels (Re: Who else is online?)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:35:33 AM »
Somewhere between 3 and maybe 1000.  Bots can vary the number of panels they have, so they can grow larger as time progresses.  There'll need to be an upper bound just to keep things sane, but I imagine it'll be quite high.  On the low side, it'll be somewhere between 3 and 6, depending on how the geometry works out for adding new panels.  My best guess right now is either 3 or 6 as a minimum.  Can't be smaller than a triangle, and hexagons can be formed in to triangles, chevrons, and hexagons, which mean it's a fairly versatile shape.  So if triangles don't work out I'd probably aim for hexagons.
Or pentagons. Remember we don't need to make normal shapes.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.