Author Topic: Help with Shooting Plants  (Read 5876 times)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Help with Shooting Plants
« on: March 15, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »
I am trying to make/evolve a plant that can shoot to hunt. However, because they're plants, they become huge and their shots don't go very far. Can anyone list the shooting-related variables/identifiers that I should look for so that I can attempt to fix this?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Shooting Plants
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:31:34 PM »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »
I am trying to make/evolve a plant that can shoot to hunt. However, because they're plants, they become huge and their shots don't go very far. Can anyone list the shooting-related variables/identifiers that I should look for so that I can attempt to fix this?
Look at the "ADVANCED SHOT BOT TUTORIAL" Its in the robot tutorials page...if you store certain values in .shootval and you use -1 or -6 or -2 shots it'll change either there range or power. Btw, -6 shots are 10 times as strong as -1 shots.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
Okay, thanks.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »
Ah. I thought that the range and power of a shot was directly proportional to the bot's body. I just didn't know for sure.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 11:57:44 PM »
it is but you can change that by using shootval just be careful because the number in shootval if using for power and range is the amount of nrg used

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »
But shadow, it doesn't matter for huge bots about the nrg used, because they already have huge nrg...
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 12:22:02 AM »
They've got plenty of energy. The problem is that when they get too much, it defaults to body, and they invariably grow huge.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 12:16:39 PM »
They've got plenty of energy. The problem is that when they get too much, it defaults to body, and they invariably grow huge.
Yes. increase the shot range...then use FD body to fill up their nrg and decrease their body.