Author Topic: zero evo behavior  (Read 9153 times)

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
zero evo behavior
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »
observing my 0 bot evo sim i found a bot that actually reacted to what it sees, but when i looked at the dna i found absolutely no direct reason for it.

start
 *493 *.pwaste *.refage 526 *.up 522 *.eye7 *.tieang .vtimer store
 floorstore
 <
 -11 *.pleas -40 *.trefvelmysx *.shootval *.tielen store
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  20  '''''''''''''''''''''''

the only thing i could come up with was the floorstore was affecting the *.eye7 in the previous line. i tested and found that only when something was in eye7 that it moved. this puts a whole new spin on how the dna really works and how bots can be built. too bad this bot doesn't repro. come to think of it all the other bots i have no idea how they repro either. they do all kinds of things like shooting viruses and deleting their dna. i'm confused :wacko:

start
 *493 *.pwaste *.refage 526 *.up 522 *.eye7 0 .refxpos store
 *.refvelscalar store
 -11 *.pleas -40 store
 *.shootval *.tielen *.shang''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  20  '''''''''''''''''''''''

this was just the best chosen by the program which was a virus infection as the last mutation. 50 bots optimal for start with feeder vegies if you want to watch/evo yourself.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: zero evo behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 11:01:54 AM »
What does .floorstore do.
Also could you give us an upload of your zerobot sim, maybe we could all work on it...running instances when we have time :D
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:14:11 AM »
here you go just today they evoed into blobs near the feeder veggies.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:35:03 AM »
here you go just today they evoed into blobs near the feeder veggies.
K. I'll see what they evolve to now :D
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 10:11:05 AM »
This is interesting. I might want to watch this too. I think it's so cool how the bots use the DNA in ways we've never thought of before.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 10:19:26 AM »
indeed i think knowing this i can shorten some of me bots considerably.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »
Are the bots bouncing in this way because of their DNA or is there a change in the motion settings?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »
there's nothing to slow them down so they just bounce around. not dna

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »
Ah.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
I had an idea while blindly watching this...A bot which attacks out of its edge vision, so *.eye2 and *.eye8 (so that eye9 and eye1 can detect the opponent side-shifting)
Now Not many applications would be available for this, but I have found one possible application, I have a caterpillar-like bot which I have posted I think in the DNA section, possibly bot tavern which needs a bit of bugfixing and an update to the DNA could allow it to then fight using edge-vision, this means that the one infront of it wont stop it hunting.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 02:19:50 PM »
I, too, think that your caterpillar snake bot has potential, and I understand what you want. I always imagine pirate ships with those cannons on the side. Most real-life caterpillars have poison spikes on their side, so I think it would work very well.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »
Also, does anyone know what the RGB Memory Monitor is and what a good setting for it is?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 12:32:06 PM »
I, too, think that your caterpillar snake bot has potential, and I understand what you want. I always imagine pirate ships with those cannons on the side. Most real-life caterpillars have poison spikes on their side, so I think it would work very well.
I just need it fixing, theres an unusual bug...to be honest, a few of my latest bots have weird bugs that the code shouldn't be making them do, like my veggie just dies, no reason for it, it just dies.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 04:47:28 PM »
That may be due to settings or something.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 01:33:09 PM »
That may be due to settings or something.
I use default F1...