Bots and Simulations > Short bots

Animal_Minimalis_Body[Shortbot][Spike43884]2-20-2015

<< < (2/2)

spork22:
I like it. It'll certainly come in handy for crowd control. I'll look out for this feeding off body behavior.

Shadowgod2:
ok i looked into it to see who was right and wrong. turns out we were both right and wrong. here is what i observed:

-1 targets enemy nrg
-6 targets enemy body
no surprise but this is the only difference in perspective

-1 takes x amount of nrg from foe
-6 takes y amount of body from foe
x=y

this is where it gets tricky
in both shots both body(least of) and nrg(most of) are received in = amounts of the shots(-1 -6) to each other.
that surprised me a bit.

it seems that the conversion rate is about 1 body per 200 nrg received but i'm not sure on that. Botsareus or Numsgil or someone that actually worked on the actual db code to tell you that for sure.

this is where it makes a big difference.
sence -1 shots target nrg there is no conversion but -6 shots target body. in each body there is 10 nrg so with -6 shots you basically get 10 times the amount of nrg than with -1 shots.

-1 shot takes 10 nrg from foe, you get 10 nrg
-6 shot takes 10 nrg from foe, you get 100 nrg

alright it's past midnight and i need some sleep. :sleepin:

spike43884:

--- Quote from: Shadowgod2 on February 20, 2015, 01:17:17 AM ---ok i looked into it to see who was right and wrong. turns out we were both right and wrong. here is what i observed:

-1 targets enemy nrg
-6 targets enemy body
no surprise but this is the only difference in perspective

-1 takes x amount of nrg from foe
-6 takes y amount of body from foe
x=y

this is where it gets tricky
in both shots both body(least of) and nrg(most of) are received in = amounts of the shots(-1 -6) to each other.
that surprised me a bit.

it seems that the conversion rate is about 1 body per 200 nrg received but i'm not sure on that. Botsareus or Numsgil or someone that actually worked on the actual db code to tell you that for sure.

this is where it makes a big difference.
sence -1 shots target nrg there is no conversion but -6 shots target body. in each body there is 10 nrg so with -6 shots you basically get 10 times the amount of nrg than with -1 shots.

-1 shot takes 10 nrg from foe, you get 10 nrg
-6 shot takes 10 nrg from foe, you get 100 nrg

alright it's past midnight and i need some sleep. :sleepin:

--- End quote ---

Ok. That is interesting, And because of the higher amount of potential nrg (had to insert potential now) taken, it causes them to hit the maximum body size capable, then transfering more of the nrg to body, This then in turn causes shots to become more powerful, causing a speedier defeat of the enemy, allowing more enemies to be destroyed in a shorter space of time, causing even more potential nrg to be taken in X amount of time than a -1 shot'er. This causes a higher reproduction speed, causing even more potential nrg to be taken, and so on. So to sum it up, -6 shots are better.

I might work on a bot using memloc/memval so that whenever an opponent doesnt have shell it -6 shots and if it does have shell it -1 shots. But, this will be a fun way to top the best bots...I mean, to my understanding, FF uses -1 shots, and so does a lot of opponents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version