Author Topic: Come' on Liven up! [PLEASE READ]  (Read 7595 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Come' on Liven up! [PLEASE READ]
« on: February 14, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
Everyones gotten so quite, and reserved themselves to themselves here, and i've had enough of this so-quiet-you-can-hear-a-pin-drop mood.
We all are good in our own ways at the DNA, Shadowgod at  bugfixing, Moonfish at inline conditioning, Spork at peicing together code, and me at coming up with mad idea's so here is my proposal:

Lets a bot as a team. A completely unique one. I've had a couple of idea's of possible ones to make:
A) A bot which moves mobile shapes when it see's them to defend itself
B) A bot which forms a perfect ring which will only let vegetables through
C) A bot which steals the DNA of the first bot it comes in contact with (Mimicking)
D) A bot which at the sight of danger reproduces a lot of very low energy babies then runs
E) A Bot which will behave slightly like a velociraptor, Sighting prey from far away, then making a decoy for the prey and striking from behind
F) A Bot which stays behind its prey all the time, without using ties and preferably not changing the DNA of the opponent
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Come' on Liven up! [PLEASE READ]
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 03:30:18 PM »
I like the ring idea the most. :P It would be a great tactical advantage and a challenge too
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:13:50 AM »
I like the ring idea the most. :P It would be a great tactical advantage and a challenge too
It would, it'd also allow for us to find a bit of a new system to create a bot, and possibly top Fruit flies :D
Would you try to get some other people to have a look at the post spork :D
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »
I would try, but I don't know how to. I just check the unread posts since my last visit. Anyways, the first thing we need to cover for the circle bots is their behavior; that is, is the circle rotating like a conga line, and is there two types, like, the guards (who form the circle) and the sharers (the ones who flit about inside the circle, feeding off the veggies, sharing energy, and reproducing when a guard is lost)
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 07:56:52 PM »
I also have plenty  of time on my hands to test out bots and evolve them.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 11:32:28 PM »
oh i keep forgetting to post i'm already working on a circular mb though it won't work quite like you're planing. i want a 12 bot mb but am working on just 6 for now. see pic to see what i mean for the configuration. each point and cross is a bot. the smaller set will be the child. each bot will have 4 ties as a tie deterrent.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 11:27:27 AM »
I was thinking of working on a circle which can expand pretty big, and has 2 layers of bots on the outside, as spork said...Guards on the outermost then the non-guards.
The guards are relatively high body, and medium energy, the non-guards and very low body and high energy, then beyond the non-guard level is a very nice little hole, when a veggie is seen and identified (As a veggie) the bots that come closest to it will temporarily break the tie to the one next to them, and bring the veggie in (a gatelike mechanism), that'd need a freevariable to work properly, possibly epicgenetic telling the bot its unique number...then a lot of tout-use for that.

Also, shadow you don't need to use a mb to do a tie deterrent. Just do venom targetting deltie, or do If Numties greater than 1, .deltie

Anyway, we should really get started :) We could base it off snake 0.2 or popper?

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 07:40:11 PM »
Yeah, I like your idea, spike. That doesn't mean you can't make the six-bot multibot for a different species, Shadow. I'm not sure about which base we should use. Which bot seems fit enough to be made into it easier?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 04:24:51 AM »
Yeah, I like your idea, spike. That doesn't mean you can't make the six-bot multibot for a different species, Shadow. I'm not sure about which base we should use. Which bot seems fit enough to be made into it easier?

Actually, scrap the idea of basing it off popper. Base it off RBF or RBM (Russian Babies Forever/Mobilised).

You should run a few non-mutation sims just to see how the DNA works, but its quite simplistically coded actually. Its also got my perfected normal eye system. RBF is just different to RBM because it has a gene which stops it getting old really...
They'd be quite practical for this though because RBF and RBM are already multibots...they have 1 head and many non-heads, the non-heads move within a set area, but have to stay close to the head, then the head decides to move itself wherever it personally see's food. Replacing this head/nonhead system would be quite simple if we need to replace it...When we've done that we need to make some way to judge which of the multiple bots is seeing more food, then we will get them to move roughly in-sync. Probably make the inner ring responsible for moving in-sync so the outer ring can focus on defending. I came up with a clever system considering the ring shape as well:

When the ring gets in to battle, it might face a strong opponent and the 1 guard facing it might be starting to struggle, so instead of pushing ALL of the nrg it can into that guard, just rotate the ring.
This might need a HEAD (not guard / inner ring) in the very middle tied to 3 maybe 4 of the inner ring, and this head is then ONLY responsible for movement. This head takes in values through the inner ring telling it where food is...And who is hurt/in battle. Although, it'll still be key to number each one of the bots in the colony with a unique number so they can determine who is who.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »
Hey shadow...Could you give us a start by adjusting animal_minimalis to reproduce into colonies of 5, The first will be the head, then the rest will tie to the head and will be at right angles to eachother.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 04:21:16 PM »
I can put them to the test once you have it working.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 08:28:02 AM »
I can put them to the test once you have it working.
OK.
Also spork, check in the starting gate at animal_minimalis_body
It'd be good for you to add to the botlist in your copy, for the evolution sims you do...It's a nerfed animal_minimalis (nerfed by just changing it to use body shots instead)
Its very powerful

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
Sure, I'll try it
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 05:11:40 AM »
k