Author Topic: Slime Mold  (Read 7720 times)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Slime Mold
« on: January 24, 2015, 08:06:53 PM »
Is it possible to make a bot that periodically sends out a radial wave of info particles? And when it recieves these info particles, it turns and moves towards the source? Something like a slime mold, where the pulse increases when it finds food and stuff.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Slime Mold
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 07:46:29 AM »
Is it possible to make a bot that periodically sends out a radial wave of info particles? And when it recieves these info particles, it turns and moves towards the source? Something like a slime mold, where the pulse increases when it finds food and stuff.

Well, I had several idea's for bots utilising reproduction as defensive and attacking features. Its possible you could reproduce and turn each time, while you do this you have 1 .fixpos on, then the baby increases its tie length till it finds food. You then get pulled by the baby when you turn .fixpos off.

Spork, try not using a frankenstein bot and programming a bot yourself. these mad idea's sometimes have awesome results (like russian babies)
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 02:21:01 PM »
I'll try. I might make it rely on info ties rather than info shots.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »
I'll try. I might make it rely on info ties rather than info shots.

Mhm. but remember the max number of ties at one time is 3. Possibly making it fire out 'babies' programming to return once they've found something storing the 'somethings' position in freevariables would work.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »
4 ties not 3

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 04:25:03 PM »
I wasn't planning on a bot that acts as a slime mold on it's own. I was thinking more of a multibot. Like Amoeba, if you will, but with the communication aspect of a slime mold. Also, scout babies is something that's already done in the Battlestar Bot, one of my favorite bots.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 01:44:20 PM »
I wasn't planning on a bot that acts as a slime mold on it's own. I was thinking more of a multibot. Like Amoeba, if you will, but with the communication aspect of a slime mold. Also, scout babies is something that's already done in the Battlestar Bot, one of my favorite bots.
never heard of battlestar babies. RBF was meant to use babies as a defence mechanism by if it was big bertha stage and was attack it'd speedily reproduce in the direction it was attacked, never worked though sadly. ): till went superstrong though.
4 ties not 3

Is it 4, I know it was 3...the tiebot tutorials mention 3 because producing 3 tied babies can be used as an anti-tie enemies defence. Hence why 4bot structures are good.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
.tielen1-4 and .tieang1-4

http://wiki.darwinbots.com/w/.tieang4

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 11:47:49 AM »
Oh.