General > Leagues

Slime Mold

(1/2) > >>

spork22:
Is it possible to make a bot that periodically sends out a radial wave of info particles? And when it recieves these info particles, it turns and moves towards the source? Something like a slime mold, where the pulse increases when it finds food and stuff.

spike43884:

--- Quote from: spork22 on January 24, 2015, 08:06:53 PM ---Is it possible to make a bot that periodically sends out a radial wave of info particles? And when it recieves these info particles, it turns and moves towards the source? Something like a slime mold, where the pulse increases when it finds food and stuff.

--- End quote ---

Well, I had several idea's for bots utilising reproduction as defensive and attacking features. Its possible you could reproduce and turn each time, while you do this you have 1 .fixpos on, then the baby increases its tie length till it finds food. You then get pulled by the baby when you turn .fixpos off.

Spork, try not using a frankenstein bot and programming a bot yourself. these mad idea's sometimes have awesome results (like russian babies)

spork22:
I'll try. I might make it rely on info ties rather than info shots.

spike43884:

--- Quote from: spork22 on January 25, 2015, 02:21:01 PM ---I'll try. I might make it rely on info ties rather than info shots.

--- End quote ---

Mhm. but remember the max number of ties at one time is 3. Possibly making it fire out 'babies' programming to return once they've found something storing the 'somethings' position in freevariables would work.

Shadowgod2:
4 ties not 3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version