Author Topic: Doom Comes In Eights(Evolved)  (Read 4564 times)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Doom Comes In Eights(Evolved)
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
This evolved from what, I don't know, but I was running a simulation and I found an unstable and violent looking patch of bots. Then I found these little guys in the mix. Yes, they are a swarm bot, but it's how they set up their swarm that's interesting. When they reproduce, some of the offspring go clockwise and others go counterclockwise, creating a figure eight pattern that turned out to be very successful at hunting. I pitted Russian Babies Forever against it, and though it could kill only two, it eventually succumbed to the swarm. Only tiefeeders have been successful at feeding off of them, from what I've tested.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Doom Comes In Eights(Evolved)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 01:46:55 PM »
So DCI8 Got killed off by russian babies heh?

Which russian babies did you pit against it...Normal, mobilised or forever? (mobilised is my fav! normal is just balanced. and forever is littlerally about survival, it kills itself and reproduces itself as a babie if it gets high waste, really good it was)

I suggest testing Popper (its another swarmer) and All_hunter.

They're just. Horrible to fight. Still, good bots often come from evolutions I find.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
I've pitted it against various of my bots. its hunting technique of going into 8's I couldn't see...more exploded slightly more like fruitflies, but genelength denies the possibility it evolved from fruitflies.

It has a sexreprogene that the next gene tells it to delete.

Its a puzzle what it evolved from truely, you ran it for a long time...Although the raw code itself, mainly for the fact it has sexrepro in text and not numbers suggests that it couldn't have evolved from one of my bots (I don't use .sexrepro yet) but then, most of its written DNA still makes no sense. It acts A LOT like the hunting pattern popper 0.12 follows. Its the right size to be popper, if it was bigger It might have been all_hunter...otherwise im baffled.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 06:39:55 PM »
It has this thing called "totalmyspecies". Maybe we could look for bots that have it?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:47:26 AM »
It has this thing called "totalmyspecies". Maybe we could look for bots that have it?
It'd be best looking for bots that use virus's and sexrepro
It has .sexrepro in its own gene
It then has .thisgene .delgene and .mkvirus in the same gene, those should give it away.
Look for bots NOT in inline conditioning.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 04:53:21 PM »
This is me trying to explain the behavior of DCI8.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!