Poll

Should Vegetables...

be able to enter in F1 League (and possibly other leagues)!
be able to enter, but be highlighted as 'vegetables' on the league tables!
Not inclined either way...
No, they shouldn't be allowed into official F1 leagues!
No, they shouldn't be allowed at all!
I don't do/care about the leagues.

Author Topic: Vegetables in F1 League? [Opinions Needed]  (Read 6699 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Vegetables in F1 League? [Opinions Needed]
« on: December 24, 2014, 05:17:13 AM »
I ask this question, purely because I made a series of vegetables (in starting gate) which I wish to enter.
Im inclined to option 2....It would keep everything fair, but vegetables are fun to play with, I mean I have no clue why there aren't more vegetables, they get free energy! but as well there can be drastic consequences of having to many!
Its about 10 vegetables we have...and hundreds of bots, but I've seen vegetables like a 'social vegetable' made in 04/05 where outside veggies became a sheild, and it had energy supply routes...And we could make some fancy vegetables, Venus fly traps...Sticky vegetables, a whole mass could be created.

So please vote!
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Vegetables in F1 League? [Opinions Needed]
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:10:36 AM »
Only 2....Very opposing opinions.

Well.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
I votes no for the official F1 league, but would vote yes for separate F1 league for vegetables.
And by vegetables I mean bots that use Chloroplasts, not bots that are fed for free.
Chloroplasts has a cost to it, in the form of mass/weight (And of course the cost to make it, which is minimal compared to the payoff in F1)
I made a Chloroplast using version of FF to test it, and it made it even more impossible to get rid if it, since it would no longer depend on any food source and just endlessly spread. (And that's how I know about the high mass of Chloroplast, probably about the same as for shell?)

My main issue with a vegie leagues, is that vegies don't need to fight to survive, they can flee to survive. So 2 vegies who flee to survive pitted against each other... well you would never see a winner. So you may need a different winning criteria. Like first to reach a certain accumulated amount of energy or something (So you can fight or flee, but energy is the end game in some form)

Not sure... maybe someone will have a good idea for this.
But for F1 I think Chloroplasts are imba. On the other hand there are other imba moves that people use as well so...
Mainly worried about a ton of endless battles in the long run. Fairly sure FF with chloroplast would be near impossible to eradicate, you would need a good way to kill it and have lots of bots to do it fast before it spreads again.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »
I votes no for the official F1 league, but would vote yes for separate F1 league for vegetables.
And by vegetables I mean bots that use Chloroplasts, not bots that are fed for free.
Chloroplasts has a cost to it, in the form of mass/weight (And of course the cost to make it, which is minimal compared to the payoff in F1)
I made a Chloroplast using version of FF to test it, and it made it even more impossible to get rid if it, since it would no longer depend on any food source and just endlessly spread. (And that's how I know about the high mass of Chloroplast, probably about the same as for shell?)

My main issue with a vegie leagues, is that vegies don't need to fight to survive, they can flee to survive. So 2 vegies who flee to survive pitted against each other... well you would never see a winner. So you may need a different winning criteria. Like first to reach a certain accumulated amount of energy or something (So you can fight or flee, but energy is the end game in some form)

Not sure... maybe someone will have a good idea for this.
But for F1 I think Chloroplasts are imba. On the other hand there are other imba moves that people use as well so...
Mainly worried about a ton of endless battles in the long run. Fairly sure FF with chloroplast would be near impossible to eradicate, you would need a good way to kill it and have lots of bots to do it fast before it spreads again.

FF on its own is near impossible to eradicate, so thats not much difference.

So a V1 V2 and V3 league? (and as possibly just throw in animal_minimalis that can't win)...then victor is the one to have X number of cumulative energy+body higher than the other veggies? it would then calculate populas as well, meaning that cancerous veggies don't get an advantage.

BTW: Surely F1 should calculate off cumulative energy+body value, putting cancerous bots as a less favourable option?
Ill feed back the V123 leagues

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
Perhaps veggies could be allowed in the F1 league, IF special restrictions are given to them, such as disabling chloroplasts.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 11:46:54 PM »
but chlr is what makes a veggie, a veggie. maybe no intentional movement with chlr so that seeds without chlr can do the fighting or something like that.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 12:00:02 PM »
Or just don't give them freefood (so repopulate off) and allow chloroplasts.

Then on the league table tag them as 'VEGETABLE' and put them in blue.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 11:58:37 PM »
actually chlr automatically gives them free nrg whether or not repopulate is on or not. repopulate does nothing but put bots in the system when chlr is low. it does not give free nrg anymore

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »
actually chlr automatically gives them free nrg whether or not repopulate is on or not. repopulate does nothing but put bots in the system when chlr is low. it does not give free nrg anymore

Hmm. but you can manually turn off free NRG (its in the 2nd tab I believe, just to the right of pondmode settings).
Switch that to 0, or 1...and it will stop the effects of free NRG.
(I rise it to help developing bots that are only semi-complete. So yeah, it bumps up the NRG that they get)