Author Topic: Where, oh, where is Botsareus?  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Where, oh, where is Botsareus?
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:43:59 AM »
Is he on a traveling vacation?

I'm hoping for a fix that solves the problem with IM always crashing for me. Also some improvement on the randomizer is very much needed, I think.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Where, oh, where is Botsareus?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:03:19 PM »
IM is peters job mainly, plus help me nag at him to support a few more ports like 25565 so I can actually connect :)
And botsareus, 1 of 2 things has happened:
-Either he's taking a break to get some DB3 sorted out (more likely) and focus on some more program aspects instead of forums
-Or He has felt his job in the community is done, and is gone...

Either way, we need more active members here...and more moderators for the 1 moderator area's
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:03:56 PM »
Oh kid with an ant farm, We need to get botty back.

Look at HOW MANY bots of mine are in starting gate!!!

BTW: if you need a challenge testlund, make All Eyes V1.5 and All Swarm cost efficective.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
IM is peters job mainly, plus help me nag at him to support a few more ports like 25565 so I can actually connect :)

Are all your ports up to 25565 taken?   :P

Either way, we need more active members here...and more moderators for the 1 moderator area's

It's been tradition here to post mostly when there is active development. Then the forum becomes dormant.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »

Are all your ports up to 25565 taken?   :P

It's been tradition here to post mostly when there is active development. Then the forum becomes dormant.

Well, 1 Im not traditional :3 Im contemporary, anyway...I manage to get masses of active development in my sims, so surely some others should be posting, I mean 95% of the members were last active pre 2009...Thats some serious lack of active development, for a such spectacular simulator... and 25565 just happens to be the 1 I know off by heart works, and for 90% of the populas works (Same reason a whole bunch of games (including minecraft) use that port)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:53 AM »
I do not trust PeterIM because he has a hack set up where he can force db to crash. The port has nothing to do with it.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:43:30 AM »
What I really want to know is WHY all active members are pre 2009, sounds like more bull crap.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 02:26:54 PM »
What I really want to know is WHY all active members are pre 2009, sounds like more bull crap.
Oh I just surf through old posts and profiles of people
most of them are pre 2009
a good chunk pre 2006.

Its like, I was 8 years to slow. which is a shame.
Btw, YOU IS BACK, WOOO!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 03:17:29 PM »
My point was:

I seriously doubt port choice has anything to do with security of a vb6 based simulation. Prove me wrong...

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »
8 years to late? What do you think I was doing for the first 20? The shame is there are people who are afraid to find out.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »
8 years to late? What do you think I was doing for the first 20? The shame is there are people who are afraid to find out.
I dont feel fear, so go ahead and tell me for the first 20...

The security thing...Err, have some component that checks that it is actually a bot being sent through. Something to check that its 'darwinbots type' code

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »
Maybe if you spent the first 10 living in near isolation and the next 5 absorbing a complete cultural shock you will begin to feel some.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
Maybe if you spent the first 10 living in near isolation and the next 5 absorbing a complete cultural shock you will begin to feel some.
My life is a cultural shock and isolation working in a untidy relationship with each other. Its called autism.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »
Nah, it is called forced immigration for not knowing when to shut up.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 07:49:22 PM »
Stop looking at it from mind development and start looking at environment.