Author Topic: Tranfering NRG and BODY  (Read 15855 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Tranfering NRG and BODY
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 01:19:09 PM »
As just an update? I guess I could do that. Or whenever there's something cool happening.

Just as something to think about, what would be the advantage of having a tail that tapers as it goes down?
Originally it was for looks, but then I realised, oh wait this could function. Corspes don't float, they don't update bouyancy so sink.
Corpses feed veggies very well.
Now, veggie in pondmode has to be high when using chloroplasts to get sunlight, but wait, if it had a tail tapering down, it could also eat dead bots.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 01:48:57 PM »
Ohhh. Was I supposed to put corpses on?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 12:40:59 PM »
Ohhh. Was I supposed to put corpses on?
Oh yes, not everyone puts on corpses :P
Silly me. Yeah, corpses are beneficial. It makes every sim more realistic.
---
A little side note, could you later on run an evolution sim for this vegetable as well: http://forum.darwinbots.com/index.php/topic,6700.0.html - Normal (not pondmode) F1 conditions but slightly bigger 'area'? & Corpses ON, Animal_Minimalis as predator
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 05:31:07 PM »
Sure, I guess. And what type of decay should it be?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:34:43 PM by spork22 »
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
Sure, I guess. And what type of decay should it be?
I think I have it on NRG, but im not sure exactly.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
All right. I'll tell you if anything interesting happens.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 12:33:48 PM »
All right. I'll tell you if anything interesting happens.
[/quote
Thanks

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 10:51:12 AM »
I'm getting ones that hang around way up at the top. No definable stalactite-shaped tails yet. On the bright side, I found out that the zombie virus Shadow and I made is still powerful enough to spread in pondmode using the alga reed. (In a different sim, of course. Once those zombies get going you can't stop them.)
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »
I'm getting ones that hang around way up at the top. No definable stalactite-shaped tails yet. On the bright side, I found out that the zombie virus Shadow and I made is still powerful enough to spread in pondmode using the alga reed. (In a different sim, of course. Once those zombies get going you can't stop them.)
Ok, one of the primary problems was that they would slowly sink, do make sure to mark out the successfully floating ones.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 04:41:36 PM »
Yes, I'm getting that problem too. The majority of them remain on the top though.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 08:33:30 AM »
Yes, I'm getting that problem too. The majority of them remain on the top though.
Well, remaining at the top is the first good thing, could you take a screenshot and attach it?

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 02:34:59 PM »
All right, I got a snapshot. I guess there's always the ones that travel to the bottom too. Perhaps this could be some type of life cycle thing to them, as in, they float down, feed on corpses until they're full, and then float up and absorb sunlight until they can reproduce?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »
All right, I got a snapshot. I guess there's always the ones that travel to the bottom too. Perhaps this could be some type of life cycle thing to them, as in, they float down, feed on corpses until they're full, and then float up and absorb sunlight until they can reproduce?
thats very likely because of how I programmed the DNA, although it didn't work exactly as I planned (im also not sure if I actually ended up including shooting corpses? but corpses shoot out waste so meh) but I used their current bouyancy and Y position to decide how more bouyant they needed to be, so it does increase probability they'd float up and down a bit.
Does look pretty cool in the snapshot, how they're in the sort of groups. Its turning into quite an interesting vegetable actually.

P.S. Do you know any way to introduce another species into an already running simulation?

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2015, 10:22:30 AM »
As in, adding another one to the list of ones that you can put in and then continuing the simulation as if nothing happened?
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »
As in, adding another one to the list of ones that you can put in and then continuing the simulation as if nothing happened?
Yep. After we've run it for a bit longer im thinking of adding in a 2nd vegetable and a predator. Because reed has no defence, Im going to select a vegetable that can defend itself, so that cuts back numbers meaning that reed will only be suppressed, not extinct.
I already think I might have selected a suitable 2nd plant, but a predator im still mulling over.