Author Topic: Win Xp compatible?  (Read 7970 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Win Xp compatible?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
Well, it usually comes pre-installed when you buy a new computer, especially laptops, so in that regard it's free.

I wouldn't recommend such an install for security reasons though. Better to buy it separately so you can configure it how you want it installed, without a bunch of junk software of trial versions etc.

Just like I don't want someone else to furnish my home I want to choose my computer parts and software.  ;)

You know you can get clean ones of WIN7 and linux...
I have 2 WIN7's and WIN8 and UBUNTU...and only 1 WIN7 was standardly installed...
Multiboot with the proper WIN7's isn't to hard actually. You just have to put up with a extra CLI whenever you startup.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »
I still try to stay away from apple architecture. It is either they do not know what they are doing or trying to take over. Problem is it is still 'or.'

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
Apple architecture is terrible stupid.
So many simple systems devised already, for shortcuts and the like, so apple make there own one.
Good god, only IPADS I can like from apple. And even those have better android alternatives
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 09:08:52 PM »
8 is an amazing os but people are too lazy to use touch screens

sorry if it offended anyone for being borderline productive

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 11:29:33 AM »
8 is an amazing os but people are too lazy to use touch screens

sorry if it offended anyone for being borderline productive
8 isn't good for anything but XBOX's or tablets...Actual computers SHOULD really use 7 or linux.

Also...
XBOX's are so bad, someone got a 25 year old graphics card, and tried to UNDERCLOCK IT to the same capacity as the XBOX graphics card performs at...They couldn't...

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
XBOX part agree. Just do not reduce it to a mindless pressing of random buttons.
8 part, That is the only thing it is good for.
9 part, good attempt to decentralize a nearly perfect architecture.
10 part, well good, maybe have a 4 part system where a user actually selects between an XBOX feel, an 8 feel, and a proper pointer map editor. You can choose to scrap the mouse pointer and go with an XBOX, but I highly do not recommend it. Famous good bye quote from TerminatorDelta. Also a note that the epic zone structure was awesome, but SONY scrapped the project because of a little concept called choice. Also note that no one can see past a choice they do not understand.
11 part, that is a blast from the past most probably, although choice is so highly debatable that it makes people snap.
12 part, stop killing yourself.
13 unlucky, but you can also choose to ignore anything I say.
14 I feel like I am chatting with a botnet at this point. Is this netbot?
15 Question: God damn, stop killing yourself.
16 What question?
20 It is a pain in the ass, but 'we' can only count properly to 20, thank you for making me go there.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 03:45:38 AM »
Fairly sure XP was initially scheduled to stop support in 2012, but was then prolonged to 2014.
Got nothing against XP in itself, but when developing software I hate trying to make things XP compatible. Sooner or later you gotta move on.
Personally think DB3 should focus on using the latest technology rather than trying to be backwards compatible (At least not as far as XP).
Personally running Win 8, and must agree the interface is annoying. It defaults to a touch screen setup even though I have no touch screen, and there is no fast and easy way to change the way things work (There is, I'm told, ways to change it, but can't be bothered and I prefer B&M about it to actually doing something about it.)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 12:10:49 PM »
Fairly sure XP was initially scheduled to stop support in 2012, but was then prolonged to 2014.
Got nothing against XP in itself, but when developing software I hate trying to make things XP compatible. Sooner or later you gotta move on.
Personally think DB3 should focus on using the latest technology rather than trying to be backwards compatible (At least not as far as XP).
Personally running Win 8, and must agree the interface is annoying. It defaults to a touch screen setup even though I have no touch screen, and there is no fast and easy way to change the way things work (There is, I'm told, ways to change it, but can't be bothered and I prefer B&M about it to actually doing something about it.)

As long as it works with WIN7. and when WIN10 comes out, WIN10...it would be fine, WIN8 is compatible with WIN7 applications, (A feature they added in :D) through a special WIN7 Desktop stored within WIN8.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »
I like win 8. The only annoyance is the poor integration between the metro/desktop interface.

With the metro interface it's clear Microsoft focused mostly on tablets. Just got a win8 tablet, and that works quite well. On the desktop certain designs feel unnatural, but it's works nice on a tablet.

Weird thing was that it got stuck in the update process at some point so windows wouldn't load. Got a menu but couldn't press any buttons through touch. I had to attach a mouse to go through some menu recovery options. Guess it still likes the mouse over touch in heart.

Backwards compatibility isn't a new feature in windows 8. It seems one of the core features of windows to run older applications.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.