Author Topic: Darwinbots 2.48.25 - Zerobot Evolution- RuntimeError '11' Div by Zero  (Read 4289 times)

Offline Madrawn

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Hi,

I was playing around with the "Evolution" tab under "Global Settings" and when I set the checkbox "Zerobot", after the first restart, it immediately gives me a "Div by 0" error message and DB becomes unresponsive. I had to delete "restartmode.gset" or else it would continue to throw the same message every time I started DB.

After hoping that that checking "safemode" before entering the restart cycle might change something DB told me to upload some files (I did not ask me about safe mode by itself like explained in the stickied thread). They are in the zip in the attachment.  There was no "localcopy.sim" nor a "lastautosave.sim".

-M

Off-topic: Is the "Evolution" tab explained anywhere? I have no idea what I'm looking at with the other tho modes.

Offline Madrawn

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Darwinbots 2.48.25 - Zerobot Evolution- RuntimeError '11' Div by Zero
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 10:32:56 AM »
I did a complete clean and reinstall of DB and now it doesn't crash anymore...? I could upload the problematic install if wanted (around 7mb).

Btw, after now getting to try out "zerobot" I have 1500 red and blue bots and the simulation essentially ground to a halt. Is this supposed to happen? Does this do anything but add 5 red and 5 blue bots filled with zeroes every 10 cycles for ever?

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 11:26:36 AM »
Weird error, just sounds like save corruption maybe? (and no, I dont mean bribing your saves!)
Btw, some pointers on IM be nice.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »
I think it will be cool to have a list of some reasonably insane settings to evolve zerobots in when I will start caring about this project again.  :P

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
I think it will be cool to have a list of some reasonably insane settings to evolve zerobots in when I will start caring about this project again.  :P
Mhm, just put a lot of 0's make 3 copies with slightly different 0 number, add 2 types of veg, maximum mutation over sim and no veg mutation, add high delta mutation to all the zerobots (except for 1 which use a lower rate of delta mutation) and run it for about 10K cycles then check up on it...Making sure to lower the number of veggies slowly as you go along.
Boom, super-evolution...

Personally though I prefer over-complicating the code of animal_minimalis to start, then throwing it in high mutation...
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.