Author Topic: INTERNET MODE?!?!?!  (Read 9644 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
INTERNET MODE?!?!?!
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:05:50 PM »
Seriously, how do I setup it, im confused by it!!!! the CLI keeps saying the server host wont respond, what do I do
(I haven't changed anything on the internet section from default except add a username (spike43884)) my outbound folder has stuff in, but my inbound has nothing, and I saw nothing appear in my sim from the teleporters?!?!
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: INTERNET MODE?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:50:56 PM »
Weird  :huh:
Are you using the latest DB2 version?
What's in intsett.ini?
What happens if you run DarwinBotsIM.exe directly?

Also, anyone else with issues?
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 03:35:02 PM »
Weird  :huh:
Are you using the latest DB2 version?
What's in intsett.ini?
What happens if you run DarwinBotsIM.exe directly?

Also, anyone else with issues?
1) Yes im using the latest DB2
2) I'll check --
3) Rum darwinbotsIM.exe directly?

Intsett.ini =
Code: [Select]
Spike43884
C:\Users\Luke\Darwinbots2\IM\inbound
C:\Users\Luke\Darwinbots2\IM\outbound
PeterIM
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
Yes, what do you get if you run the exe directly. So not from within db.

What you get if you open this link, can you access it?
http://portquiz.net:4669

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 04:43:34 PM »
Yes, what do you get if you run the exe directly. So not from within db.

What you get if you open this link, can you access it?
http://portquiz.net:4669
Nothing happens from me running the darwinbotsIM.exe directly, the CLI just stays empty

That portquiz thing isn't working for me, its just...permanantly connecting in firefox...

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
If the portquiz link doesn't open, it means something blocks the port.
That may be firefox settings(does open in ff for me, seems unlikely)

The computer firewall,network firewall or your IPS is likely the culprit.

...but the CLI keeping empty when starting the exe directly is weird. In the  case it's blocked I would assume a "host wont respond" message.

edit:
Can you open http://portquiz.net ?
To check if ports are blocked ou could use nmap,

enter "nmap -p 4000-5000 -Pn portquiz.net" in the zenmap gui(in the program files(x86)/Nmap directory). May take a while..
You should get a overview of the ports in the 4000-5000 range that are blocked and open.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:52:18 PM by Peter »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »
That'd explain it, my internet setup is really weird (long story)
Why not make it so DB has lets say 10 ports that you can connect to IM via, and you select which one you want...
I know 25565 is a unblocked port, possibly running a IM host via 25565 might be a solution because a lot of programs (now-a-days) use 25565...
Also how come your name is in IM setup?

Either that or just put it as a 2nd port connection via port 80?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:36:42 AM by spike43884 »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 04:34:03 PM »
Apparently incoming connections from port 25565 are blocked by my host. I don't know why, I think they dislike minecraft.

Normally all outgoing ports are allowed, blocking any of them is exceptional that's why I just had one port.

Why are any outgoing connections blocked? Proxy, weird ISP, messed up firewall settings?

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 04:46:56 AM »
Apparently incoming connections from port 25565 are blocked by my host. I don't know why, I think they dislike minecraft.

Normally all outgoing ports are allowed, blocking any of them is exceptional that's why I just had one port.

Why are any outgoing connections blocked? Proxy, weird ISP, messed up firewall settings?
A very weird traffic processing system...Anyway, have just a button selection with 3 ports to connect via, people are bound to have a couple of ports blocked so having a option solves that...
Maybe just run it via standard internet ports (so the ports used to connect to the internet).

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 09:32:27 AM »
The only outgoing port that's blocked for me is port 25, and that one is more common to be blocked among other ISPs. Not that I like it much, but oh well.

I could setup multiple ports to connect to, but if 4669 is blocked. Which other ports would not be blocked, which ports are unblocked in your case?
Noting that ports below 1000 need elevated rights to run on linux(I'd rather avoid that, but possible) and as for default 'internet' ports 80/443 are reserved.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »
The only outgoing port that's blocked for me is port 25, and that one is more common to be blocked among other ISPs. Not that I like it much, but oh well.

I could setup multiple ports to connect to, but if 4669 is blocked. Which other ports would not be blocked, which ports are unblocked in your case?
Noting that ports below 1000 need elevated rights to run on linux(I'd rather avoid that, but possible) and as for default 'internet' ports 80/443 are reserved.
Well, why not use 1 port below 1000 and have 1 above 1000...so lets say, 1020 and then 4669 as the 2 options.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »
Good stuff, apparently we have 3 ports, one for up traffic, one for down traffic, and one to make me reconsider my life goals.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »
Makes me think Peter had nothing to do with it.

Not like I really care by this point.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 11:14:03 AM »
Makes me think Peter had nothing to do with it.

Not like I really care by this point.

Bot, make a botIM letting us access a different array of ports, I dont like peterIM, it uses bad ports D:

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 03:03:25 PM »
this thread is now closes. Refer to underground internet modes for further instructions.