Code center > Suggestions

The randomizer

<< < (2/5) > >>

Shadowgod2:
Ok what it might be is it is connecting to random.org to get the random numbers and send it back to you. This could take some time to do it all especially if your Internet is slow.

Peter:
vb6 random number generator is pseudorandom. Random.org is truly random.

Pseudorandom means it's not really random and with enough research you'll find somewhat of a pattern in it. You won't have that with a real random number.

I know somewhat predictable pseudo random number generators are often a weakness in encryption protocols. I'll let botsareus explain the advantage of random.org over the normal vb6 rng in darwinbots2. I think all it does is use the random.org random numbers instead of the normal random numbers, you'll likely won't see a difference between vb6 random and random.org random.

Testlund:

--- Quote from: Peter on November 12, 2014, 04:49:56 PM ---vb6 random number generator is pseudorandom. Random.org is truly random.
--- End quote ---

I know and it's a really cool idea to use this service in DB. It's something I've wanted for a very long time. Too bad though that right now it causes DB to only be able to run for 2 s every 10 s.

--- Quote ---I'll let botsareus explain the advantage of random.org over the normal vb6 rng in darwinbots2.
--- End quote ---

I hope he'll get back here soon. I'm curious to know exactly how it works.

Botsareus:
Don't be too enthusiastic about that one Testlund. There are many things I wanted to have now too. Like freedom of speech, freedom to publicly publish code. Based on my latest zerobot experiments, I do not think the world is ready for this. I will have to review code publishing on university levels someday, if I ever consider making any of this stuff fully public ever again.

Botsareus:
I just hope to have recoverable code when the magic moment finally arrives. I am going to worry about my mental health in the mean time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version