Author Topic: NEW WAY OF CALCULATING VICTORS IN F1  (Read 14458 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
NEW WAY OF CALCULATING VICTORS IN F1
« on: November 10, 2014, 02:36:06 PM »
If neither bot is eliminated then it works off total-species-energy, because some are cancerous giving them a bonus to pop, but not to energy.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: NEW WAY OF CALCULATING VICTORS IN F1
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 07:27:00 PM »
IN SPIKES WORLD THE MOST EFFICIENT ROBOT IS A SINGLE BIG BIRTHA FULL OF CHLOROPLASTS. PREFERABLY WITH FIXPOS.  WHO NEEDS EVOLUTIONARY DEAD ENDS WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?  :P

Sorry, had to do it. I never see the end of this dude masochistic stupidity.

And yea, Spike, don't you think I had a solution for chloroplasts all along? Too bad you probably will never have a chance to play with it.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 11:18:03 AM »
Joe: "Oh um cracking knuckles, why did you not add it than?"

I did not add it b/c I did not want people complaining how completely 'unbiological' it seems.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:20:16 AM by Botsareus »

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 05:15:51 AM »
Ahh ye doing my thing of bringing back dead posts cx

I still stand by calculating it off total energy within the species, as it neither favors cancerous bots, nor big bertha to an extreme like calculating off population does. (It has a slight bias to big bertha due to costs in setting memory locations and so forth, but that can always be solved with killing off big bots / putting a cap to their size).
Beyond me as to why I chose to put the title of this thread to capitals, perhaps so it got checked, in less than 2 years time?  :P

Anyway, where did the chat about chloroplasts go? I was talking about how to calculate a victor, not if they're green or not. :P
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 02:48:39 PM »
I still stand by calculating it off total energy within the species, as it neither favors cancerous bots, nor big bertha to an extreme like calculating off population does.

The problem is if we allow organisms in beginning of simulations and someone decides to "farm" there robots, there will be no way to filter them out if they are allowed to survive until the end of a league run against a robot that actually reproduces.

But thank you for thinking ahead for once in your life as far as I remember. I do appreciate it.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 05:21:50 PM »
I still stand by calculating it off total energy within the species, as it neither favors cancerous bots, nor big bertha to an extreme like calculating off population does.

The problem is if we allow organisms in beginning of simulations and someone decides to "farm" there robots, there will be no way to filter them out if they are allowed to survive until the end of a league run against a robot that actually reproduces.

But thank you for thinking ahead for once in your life as far as I remember. I do appreciate it.

Whatever means of calculating would have its downsides. It just seems this is a more favourable method.
Additionally, I do think, and plan, merely in a differing way to you. As everyone's reality and perception is different to one anothers, their logic and means of planning are also different.
That said however, I can still see your jibes in most places they're made.
If I wish to go back to your earlier jibe as well, you do need to learn the meanings of words before attempting to use them.
"MASOCHISTIC STUPIDITY" makes very little sense, to both me and any user of the English language. If I was masochistic about something, I would be deriving sexual pleasure from it. Perhaps the only meaning that can be clearly derived from that combination of words, is that I take sexual pleasure from stupidity? I can indeed confirm that is not the case. When trying to call someone stupid though, it does look rather stupid if you cannot formulate an insult that makes much sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »
Off topic:

I was just attempting to get you to stop trolling. Hence the term "masochistic stupidity"

You have not only pissed me off, but Testlund and Shadow as well.

For example, Testlund finally had it with you hijacking threads.

There where a few colorful exchanges with Shadow as well.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 02:20:30 PM »
Off topic:

I was just attempting to get you to stop trolling. Hence the term "masochistic stupidity"

You have not only pissed me off, but Testlund and Shadow as well.

For example, Testlund finally had it with you hijacking threads.

There where a few colorful exchanges with Shadow as well.

I was never trolling. I was simply trying to participate in an essentially dead community which revolved around a nice program.