Author Topic: Suggestions zone  (Read 5201 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Suggestions zone
« on: November 08, 2014, 05:27:00 AM »
I'd love to see tagging to the suggestions zone (so some tick-boxes) with tags like, specialization, env grid, enviroments etc. instead of seperate forum bits...then a filter by tags X, Y and Z
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions zone
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 05:55:55 PM »
I don't know if our forum software has a way to do tags or not, actually.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
I don't know if our forum software has a way to do tags or not, actually.
Probably does.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »
Well it's open source and there's a manual.  If you figure out what needs to happen I'll try to see if I can do it.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:16:52 PM »
Well it's open source and there's a manual.  If you figure out what needs to happen I'll try to see if I can do it.
SMF is opensource, that means theres mods for it...did it not occur to you that google is a great place to find its mods
First google result from "Simplemachines forum tag mod" http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=579

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 11:42:06 PM »
Actually it did. I want you to solve your own problem.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:10:44 AM »
Actually it did. I want you to solve your own problem.
Problem, own problem? confused?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »
I always solve my own problems instead of letting others solve them for me. You just sound like a big baby all the time and look like one too.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »
I always solve my own problems instead of letting others solve them for me. You just sound like a big baby all the time and look like one too.
Well 1) I did solve it. I found a plugin for the simplemachines forum, Im not going to make a damn seperate DB forum, I don't own/develop DB.
2) A problem shared is a problem halfed. Having multiple minds working on something increases productivity ten-fold
3) People are one of the most abundant resources on our planet, and one of the most underused, Grabbing people together to work on something does no harm.
4) Insulting/Putting others down is a simple, minor act. It doesn't effect me, but can effect many others, From many a times of bullying since I can remember, I only feel positive emotions and guilt, so luckily this time you haven't caused a suicide, And a lovely quote "Humans only commit violent, or barbaric acts for the satisfaction of anothers suffering, take away that satisfaction, and the act is empty." I have made this act empty for you.
5)IF you had that act all the time, which I highly doubt because you were much kinder before your inactivity period, and hopefully this is just a phase, but if you were always like that, I can understand why most the active users left before 2011, and a good proporition before 2007!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 02:38:47 PM »
Nah, the fact is I listen to people too much and let them get away in introducing unmanaged code corruption by passing the time of day function and the process id. Problem being I need to worry about myself more than pleasing others.

I want you not to take that offensively. Instead I want to you to learn to solve your own problems before you go completely mad.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:14:12 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »
Also your point that I need to work with people who actually know what they are doing is well taken. And I thank you for that.

I joined this project because I love AGI research and I belief in a concept called 'science' not because I needed more drama in my life, I have plenty of that already.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 03:25:21 PM »
The fact that people where evil enough to give me memory damage I have no choice but to take personally. I do like some aspects of the current internet mode that I will someday develop further. So yours and macas work was not a complete waste although you want it to be.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »
The fact that people where evil enough to give me memory damage I have no choice but to take personally. I do like some aspects of the current internet mode that I will someday develop further. So yours and macas work was not a complete waste although you want it to be.
Oh I just want to use internet mode.
Really, I don't understand though the work on DB3, why not update DB2 further, then you'll have a slow steady nice transition to DB3?

Bot, the thing is, the memory damage shall continue for one reason, and one reason alone. You responded. "Humans only perform violent and deroggatory acts for the satisfaction of anothers suffering, take away that suffering, that reaction and the act is empty."