Author Topic: Bot Communication Channels Idea  (Read 3225 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Bot Communication Channels Idea
« on: October 23, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »
In DB2 bots can join together to be MB's...And they just are a cluster, but what about little chains in bots, with a certain range (determined in DNA...Default 0 range so mutations can add range to it) then via that connection they can send these simple primative signals (unless an override is put into the code)
FoodF - Food Found
FoodN - No Food
Shpe - Shape
FoodTShape - Food Through Shape (If bots can see through shape (so if the shape is transparent))
VegTShape - Like FoodTShape but with veggies
Bad - Danger Found (Virus, same species corpses or a KNOWN PREDATOR (Library inside each bot containing list of species which are either - Mutual, Friendly, Food, Enemy))
Veg - Veg found (Not to be confused with food found as thats a 'food' bot)
PFound - Path Found (Only returned after FoodTShape/VegTShape if the veg/food in question is seen without obstruction.
Then on the end of FoodF, Veg, Bad or FoodTShape would be:
~h - High
~m - Medium
~l - Low

It litterally then either triggers bot to go in that direction, or away from that direction

It'd make multibots cooler, or hotter, depends on their enviroment which they want to be :P
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Bot Communication Channels Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:40:04 AM »
There where many MB ideas as such discussed over the years. No one implemented them mostly for laziness and the possibility to break older MBs... Not that I have anything against communication channels or nothingness.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:44:59 AM »
Also, let me note that I recently fixed tielen1...4 and tieang1...4. I even got Shadowgod to write a bot based on it.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 05:14:54 AM »
Mhm, why not make friendly ties.
Ties are like 'grapples' on the bots, but all they do currently is feed, why not use them to do more complex things, then we'd get better MB's & get better parasite type bots.
I have no clue about db code though :P
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:47:08 PM »
It will be done with DB3... The only thing i got left is yet another debugging hack and finish my experiments.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 03:59:31 AM »
It will be done with DB3... The only thing i got left is yet another debugging hack and finish my experiments.
Debugging, Ahh I love where the term came from...heres a story:
A Female (I think) programmer in a military base (If my memory serves me correctly) was doing some work and a bug flew onto her screen, she flicked it off and someone (not having seen the bug) asked what she was doing, she said she was just 'debugging her screen'
The end.  :thinkey: