Author Topic: Who is Botsareus?  (Read 5828 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Who is Botsareus?
« on: October 20, 2014, 11:01:05 PM »
I felt the need to write this because things seemingly are going out of hand.

Who am I?

I am an immigrant with some solid engineering talent who is losing his creativity with age and desperately seeks ways to hold on to it.

What am I doing here?

I am interested in the simulation of life because of complete fair of studying life directly. Being a fatherless immigrant did not help this problem of complete fair and confusion it just compounded it. America was described as a paradise to us. Instead I got New York City.

What are my goals here?

I like Darwinbots because there is no artificial fitness model and it is somewhat bio accurate. Although I realize now that simulating microbiology could be dangerous business, especial if the only fitness model is natural survival ability. It is too late to care though.

My primary goal is to get the simulator to generate a completely over powered result from a zerobot. There where a few stumbles along the way like people requesting features that made the process a lot more complicated (as a side note)

My secondary goal is to make the process above global, that is, it must work across all settings. And it must be able to share itself across all settings as a true representation of success, as I find league settings a bit limiting, Internet mode sounded like a nice solution but once again, getting it to work is a bit of a challenge.

Offline Niemci

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Botsareus?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 03:42:36 PM »
America was described as a paradise to us. Instead I got New York City.
Hopefully MysticalDumping will get something close to that paradise. I know that his political views is VERY different from those in NYC. He believes that it is a result of living under Communist rule- this seems to be a shared experience. Is that what disappointed you?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »
Nah, I have a pretty good recall of people trolling me - an adaptation you may say, full of bugs.
Dumpling reminded me of an old friend. Well, I considered him a friend until he poisoned me anyway. Never been the same after that.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »
What's wrong with NY?
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Niemci

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
That can be a politically loaded question.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 09:14:47 PM »
Not much. Big city, many evil people living in slums. etc.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:26:01 PM »
On a positive note, I Love Manhattan. But yet again on a negative note the 911 attacks sucked ass.

Offline Niemci

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 06:01:19 PM »
Ever been to Staten Island?

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »
Yes Brooke I have.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:47:39 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 09:52:16 PM »
That is a long intense discussion you are not ready for Peter.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
Well 2 comments to you.
Firstly, nobody can lose creativity, nor can they gain it. Everyone is infinitely creative, they just need to try to access it.
As you believe your losing creativity, your mind decides to shut off that part, otherwise nothing would stop you being uncreative...

Also, really DB will need to shut up the whole zerobots thing...Change the goal to getting animal_minimalis to evolve to perform a complex behavior...Because life had a basic area to start from......Had some functional genes to start...then evolved, thats what you need to get to happen.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 07:46:45 PM »
1. Sometimes it is a good thing to numb yourself, just make sure you do not numb yourself all the way, been there done/seen that.
2. That is possible in the current system. If internet mode actually worked it would be even more awesome. If you prefer to run purely logical simulations that will be awesome too.
3. Stop going backwards on yourself.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 07:50:56 PM »
Yes, I know. My was 'I am a green control freak.'

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:59:06 PM »
Firstly, nobody can lose creativity, nor can they gain it. Everyone is infinitely creative, they just need to try to access it.
As you believe your losing creativity, your mind decides to shut off that part, otherwise nothing would stop you being uncreative...

actually creativity can be gained or lost just like learning a new skill. it's like a muscles, don't use it you lose it. how? it's all about the connections in the brain. the more you use it the more connections are made. the less you use, connections are lost though at a much slower rate than it was to make them, which is where the phrases "just like riding a bike" and "i'm a little rusty" come from. you know that little headache you get just barely noticeable just after you've done something you haven't done in a while? it's your brain reconnecting lost connections. the same goes to learning a new skill but instead of reconnecting it's just connecting. just do some research to learn more.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »

actually creativity can be gained or lost just like learning a new skill. it's like a muscles, don't use it you lose it. how? it's all about the connections in the brain. the more you use it the more connections are made. the less you use, connections are lost though at a much slower rate than it was to make them, which is where the phrases "just like riding a bike" and "i'm a little rusty" come from. you know that little headache you get just barely noticeable just after you've done something you haven't done in a while? it's your brain reconnecting lost connections. the same goes to learning a new skill but instead of reconnecting it's just connecting. just do some research to learn more.

The scientific side yes. But when you get to brain science and such, a lot of problems occur with using 1 single model to explain everything...So far atleast...
Technically actually its physics thats deciding it, and nothing you do will change it, you have no free will. No choice. thats the most accurate model for everything, minute variables in physics control all.

But, best model for creativity on a relative level, is simply that its permanantly there, you just need to believe your creative, and thus creativity will be accessed.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.