Author Topic: Bot Gene Changing + 'Mini-2nd suggestion'  (Read 5043 times)

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Bot Gene Changing + 'Mini-2nd suggestion'
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »
Really simple system, litterally lets you directly edit the bots code in a simulation, mid-simulation.

Also, it'd be nice a simple list of the various commands (w/ finder) Im pretty new here and the *eyeX:e3r8fexcvnfdrhei is incredibly confusing compared to normal code :3
And a little add-on to this suggestion post...Bot flagellum and other misc. parts - IRL Cells have little things to help them do specific tasks, to co-ordinate themselves, allowing for multi-cellular life, currently all bots are boring old circles, but ovular bots, bots with feelers, grabbers etc. Would make 1 species interact better, or POSSIBLY under right circumstances create multiple species working together...This would make sims so much fun  :D  :D  :D
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Bot Gene Changing + 'Mini-2nd suggestion'
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 08:08:33 PM »
1.) You can use playerbot mode/ rgb memory monitor/ and debugint/debugbool with the robot console to interact directly with the DNA.
2.) Although a robot must have some multicellular feature at start. You can always restrict them to be multibot from the restrictions menu. That will force them to be multibot.

Good luck! :)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 05:37:30 PM »
You can thank me for coming up with how Playerbot mode worked.. However, the idea came up many times.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »
Somewhat off topic:

You just got schooled brother. Playerbot is actually a useful feature.

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
I know. It's just that nobody know how to implement it or how it would work until I explained my idea. :/
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 03:37:40 PM »
Getting schooled is not a bad thing. It is just a learning experience.  :)

Offline spork22

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 12:53:30 AM »
How is that being schooled? The same idea has been bought up for a while and I was the only one to come up with a viable way to implement it. That's a little strange but not insulting or demeaning.
Hubba Jubba Lollywash!

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 08:31:19 AM »
How is that being schooled? The same idea has been bought up for a while and I was the only one to come up with a viable way to implement it. That's a little strange but not insulting or demeaning.
So considering your the Omniscience of playbots, how do I use them :D
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 11:58:16 AM »
Well you have to set up gene triggers to activate your genes on and off (assuming that is what you wanted to do in the first place)
something like

Code: [Select]
cond
999 * 50 =
start
stop

cond
998 * 55 =
start
stop

Then go to the edit menu and go to player bot setup. You will have to assign a keyboard key to the memory location and the value you want to place in that location.

Then you just need to activate playerbot mode and every time you press a key on the keyboard that gene should fire.